Cat owners - please read!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon its probably cheaper to set up a cat trap in the yard ( the humane ones) and send them to the pound. I dont think alot of those irresposible pet owners are going to pay a bail fee for their cat just to let it end up there a week later again..

Reckon its probably cheaper to set up a cat trap in the yard ( the humane ones) and send them to the pound. I dont think alot of those irresposible pet owners are going to pay a bail fee for their cat just to let it end up there a week later again..

Erm, but this thread is about keeping your own cats in?!

Yeah heehe, im talking trapping the ones that arnt kept in and left to wander the streets and come into my yard at night. For some reason they keep spraying my stuff out the front including my car, so everything stinks like cat piss.

Just as with dogs, I think it should be law to contain your cats to your property. If you can't afford or don't want either fence toppers or a run, then NO CAT!

It's not fair on neighbours dealing with territory spraying, not fair on wildlife in nearby parks and gardens, and not fair on the CAT who isn't built to deal with speeding cars and cruel people.

cat owners-please read!

I've said it before and I will say it again, bells on cats collars are proven not to work. Studies have demonstrated this! It's just a cop out for some cat owners who let their animals roam! OK, so bells don't work! I know of some thing that you can put on a cats collar that will prevent it leaving the yard and stop it killing birds and animals, It's simple-a brick!

dailyskin, check out the cost of a simple 12volt electric fence, I'll bet you will find its a hell of a lot cheaper and just as efective! You cat will only need to be stung once or twice to learn. It will also keep other cats out of your yard!

Well thank you for posting this interesting link. It's a good idea, and hopefully more like it will arise! When I buy my next place, I plan to install some kind of cat run, maybe I can afford that one.. one day!

And I don't think this was posted with the intention of causing an argument about whether or not all cats should be killed because they kill native wildlife, so lets stick to the topic hey? :D

p.s Studies and experiments never "prove" anything, findings can only "support" a theory or hypothesis :)

dailyskin, check out the cost of a simple 12volt electric fence, I'll bet you will find its a hell of a lot cheaper and just as efective! You cat will only need to be stung once or twice to learn. It will also keep other cats out of your yard!

Indeed - also a heck of a lot less attractive, much more dangerous for the children over our back fence, and a pain if we need to prune out vines that run the fence!

I'm more concerned about the best solution for us and our cat, not the cost.

PS I have always had horses and so have copped my fair share of electric shocks. A determined cat, IMO, would put up with it to clamber over!

you lovely cats can still murder any inocent native birds and possums which are missfortunate enough to find their way into your yard.
It a good way to stop your cat from finding its way into my eco friendly yard that houses a pitbull.

i was just wondering if ur pitbul would attack a cat would it attack anything els like a small child or a possum or a bluetounge or anything?

i know that u didnt say my dog will attack ur cat if it enters my yard, but the way u posted sort of makes it sound like ur getting at that?

so would ur dog attack a cat if it was in ur yard? and if it would is that the only animal it would attack supposedly?

I met a guy from Adelaide in 2000 who was not overly passionate about cats due to their habit of reducing a lot of your native animals populations. He had an awesome snakes collection and a rather unusual rug on his living room floor. I was later to find out that he was of the opinion that any cat out in the hours of darkness was fair game and the rug was made from all of the ex-local cats!

that is disgusting i hope i never bump into that guy in adelaide :)

what kind of sick freak would do that, i can just picture some poor little kids who are missing there family pet because of some jerk like that

not taking it out on u its not ur fault at all... but that is just grose

that is disgusting i hope i never bump into that guy in adelaide :)

what kind of sick freak would do that, i can just picture some poor little kids who are missing there family pet because of some jerk like that

not taking it out on u its not ur fault at all... but that is just grose

I can say I was not overly impressed as I am a 'cat person' but from what I can recall he had very close links to the Adelaide zoo and in short was a die hard conservationist so maybe he thought he was doing his thing for the local wildlife?

thats when you start reporting it. its creeps like that, that end up like the ones that got caught. he should be servin a sentance. skinning...ugghh thats disgusting, cruel, inhumane, and sick. report it, dont brag bout it mate

anyone who cares about animals so much shouldnt be selective about animal cruelty

if u can chop a head off a snake whats the difference about chopping a head of a cat

there all animals and its not fair its really sad to be honest :(

my pitbull this.
My pitbull that.
Only eats cats.
Seriously. It's attitudes like that which caused pitbulls to get the
Bad stereotype they have today.

If you dog munches cats. Great.
But don't tell everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back