Whats the stuff you paint on coolite?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogdor1988

Reaction score
What is that stuff you paint over the top of coolite so it looks like its made of rock? You know the stuff that is all rough and people use it to make rock wall backgrounds in herp tanks? I cant for the life of me remember what its called, i need to be reminded as im going to be making a miniature rainforest tank for some small trapdoor spider species i keep with fake rock wall and miniature tree trunk. Also do you lacquer over the top and it doesnt harm anything or?

Cheers

yeah thats it thanks, and coolite.. i dont remember how to spell it, you know white bumpy stuff, used as packaging.

ur not talkn about vermiculite are u? never heard of coolite? lol

no he means the polystyrene packing foam, like the stuff that is in boxed in with tvs etc or under your fishtank

If you can get your hands on Mica dust (i think thats what it's called) it adds a good effect to the rock. It's the stuff they put in paint to give it a metallic or pearl finish. The big spray painting mobs use it when they mix their own paints.

I made some fake rocks a while back using "Gripset 51" and mortar mix, that worked really well until i put it under a heat lamp, then it went soft and tacky. Works best in wet places like frog tanks.

Does grout work well? does it need to be sealed before using?

Per

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back