Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice one jamgo, awsome pilbs too herpkeeper! thanks for sharin!

From another thread. Northern shovel nose.

11032009109.jpg

11032009110.jpg

11032009113.jpg

11032009114.jpg

I have been watching this thread for ages now and Loving everyone else's Ven's
and I an now stoked that I can add one photo of my own I picked up a pair of RBBS last week little flighty but I have a new Favourite in my Collection I snapped this one of my little Girl today

Attachments

• 100_0884_00.JPG
    100_0884_00.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 188
lowland copperheads

lowland copperheads.JPGhere is my new two lowland copperheads first feed today new born pinkys.

the pics not that great but the reward of watching them eat there first pinky is.

cheers steve

Nice work Steve did they take them unassisted?

i waved a skink infront of them then misplaced the pinky infront of the skink so they took the pinky mistaking it for a skink, the skinks lived.........:lol: but the pinkys didn't:lol: They would not not even show any intrest in the pinkys at first so that was only method i could think of as these are my very first copper heads. be great to see them grow up into healthy mature adults. im very pleased with them.

cheers steve

elapid@,-
I would house your copperheads seperately if i was you as copperheads are VERY canabilistic snakes.

Hi trueBlue

elapid@,-
I would house your copperheads seperately if i was you as copperheads are VERY canabilistic snakes.

there housed seperately just had them together to take there picture. close eye on them :shock:

Hey Rossagon, awesome snakes you have there.

Can I ask what locale the RBB is from? I've never seen one with such intense black, especially on the nose.

Thanks.

I think Victorian RBBS come up a lot blacker then those from NSW and QLD. When I first saw a pic of an RBBS from QLD with a big red nose I thought it might have had some collett in it :p:D

m.punja,-
True, southern red bellies, ie vic, sa and southern nws animals have black noses. northern animals have brown noses.

From what I know about this snake, it is supposedly a Queensland locale animal. Although I do have another one that is from vic, with a lovely black nose!

Cheers Rossco.

From what I know about this snake, it is supposedly a Queensland locale animal. Although I do have another one that is from vic, with a lovely black nose!

Cheers Rossco.

Thanks for the response Rossco....well, that throws a spanner in the works. I was honestly expecting a southern animal. Be interested to know if it's a definite Queenslander?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back