mcdonalds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another classic Mcdonalds urban myth... just like the one bout thick shakes being all pig fat. Or the one bout the apple pies being made out of Choko... Or the onw bout them using fake or precooked eggs on their mcmuffins....

I'm a trade qualified Chef who has worked at Mcdonalds in the past.... Can't be too bad - I still eat there on occasion....

You may be a chef, but your not a dietician, do some research and find out how much sugar is actually in a McDonalds burger..

Oh and heres another interesting fact...Chefs are the most prone to commiting suicide out of any other profession

In reality, people forget about many of the sponsorship deals and charity events this company organises. People have to take responsibility of their own decisions and choices...like anything! Alcohol companies cop a bad rap because people "choose" to over-indulge. Moderation...I don't think some people know the meaning of the word!

I think because it's an American based company people get all up in arms about it and jump on the "I hate Maccas" wagon. The fact is the Australian based McDonalds franchises provide Australians (young & old) with job opportunities and potential life-long career choices.

I love their coffees, but try and dodge eating their burgers etc. Then you also have to consider their low-fat options they have provided also! It's a company that has moved with the times!

(as funny as it is about the bloke wheel-burrowing his gut :p)

You may find that a few people don't eat at McDonalds because of what the company stands for. It is not a company that has "moved with the times!"
McDonalds is a company that had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into line. Usually by court action and protracted disputation. And occasionally by movies/docos.
Ironically, it was the Howard Govt that finally forced them to pay an allegedly 'acceptable' min wage to their younger employees. <Which benefitted McDonalds in the long run, as it allowed no penalties, a ****ty wage and a guarantee that none of their workers would be able to be protected by unionisation of the workplace>
It did stop Mc Donalds starting employees at, say, 11am, clocking them off at 2pm and asking them to come back at 4pm (without pay).... thats a good thing when you are a kid.

All the pro-McDonalds people trot out the same old ignorant lines....
It hasn't anything to do with the fact that it's a US company - more the fact that it is rubbish food, and their clientele are blind to anything that doesn't sate them, fill their guts or have a clown telling them that everything is OK!

Tomorrow I'll pass, yet again, a few thousand McDonalds wrappers on the way....

You may be a chef, but your not a dietician, do some research and find out how much sugar is actually in a McDonalds burger..

Oh and heres another interesting fact...Chefs are the most prone to commiting suicide out of any other profession

That fact I understand!!! A lot of people don't get the stress that chefs come under at times...

And as for the sugar fact I've used the same burger buns at other establishments - It's not just a maccas thing... do a little research yourself and you'll find there is more sugars in an old fashion corner shop hamburger with the works!!!!!!

You may find that a few people don't eat at McDonalds because of what the company stands for. It is not a company that has "moved with the times!"
McDonalds is a company that had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into line. Usually by court action and protracted disputation. And occasionally by movies/docos.
Ironically, it was the Howard Govt that finally forced them to pay an allegedly 'acceptable' min wage to their younger employees. <Which benefitted McDonalds in the long run, as it allowed no penalties, a ****ty wage and a guarantee that none of their workers would be able to be protected by unionisation of the workplace>
It did stop Mc Donalds starting employees at, say, 11am, clocking them off at 2pm and asking them to come back at 4pm (without pay).... thats a good thing when you are a kid.

It hasn't anything to do with the fact that it's a US company - more the fact that it is rubbish food, and their clientele are blind to anything that doesn't sate them, fill their guts or have a clown telling them that everything is OK!

You've given me nothing but what the typical anti-McDonalds hype brigade pumps out! Are these you're own thoughts???

What you fail to see is people can choose to work these jobs. McDonalds isn't the ONLY employer out there! Get a job at Coles or Safeway or some of those other dead-end positions if you feel so strongly about it. Nobody is holding a gun against anyone's head to work there.

YES, the company has moved with the times! These days you find more adults than kids going into the place because their main "money spinner" is coffee. Their McCafe's are perhaps their biggest earner within the restaurant itself and quite frankly I think they produce a better coffee than many of your typical coffee vendors!

The McDonalds corporation sponsors sporting events - EVERYWHERE! From Auskick to the FIFA World Cup.

Their McHappy Day alone last year scored $2 million dollars for their sick & terminally ill children who seek the help of the McDonalds House program.

Fair dinkum, I'd love to hear some of the other horrible things this company does, other than having its ties with an American company (which, by the way, this is not America ;)) so that I may educate myself further about the evil corporate giant that is McDonalds. Let's start on Coca Cola next and other large corporate companies simply because we have to have the tall poppy syndrome about them all.

These are massive companies! Like your typical government or anything else to that scale they aren't going to please everyone with everything, it's a business there to make money primarily, but then what it does with many of that excess is pump it back into communities in the way of sporting sponsorships and charity programs. Seriously, please list me some of the negatives about them. I take your point with workers salaries, that has always seemed to be a bit of an issue with them, but I'd be interested to hear more.

(ps: I don't even know why I'm sticking up for them, I don't even like their food :lol:)

OH NO A MAC ATTACK!!! I dont care who loves it or hates it, I eat maccas twice a week and love it, I use to eat it everyday back in my bachelor days and thats when I was in the army fit as a fiddle and skinny as a rake, Im still skinny now, its these fat slobs that were fat before they started munging on maccas that give em a bad name if ya ate 50 servings a day of lettuce I reckon ya would get fat too!!
As for maccas being bad to their workers and yadda yadda who CARES!! As long as my burgers ready I dont care what they do to get it to me LOL!!

Thanks every one, you have inspired me to go for a quick drive and get a feed of maccas. Nothing can put me off the stuff

seriously who cares how unhealthy the place is lol at the end of the day it tastes good?

u only live once, mite aswel eat all the crap u can while ur alive ... i would rather then eating grose veggies and all that nasty healthy stuff lol!

i would do anything to be able to live off maccas and hungry jacks n kfc lol

mcdonalds-funny-pic.jpg
What a babe :lol::p

You've given me nothing but what the typical anti-McDonalds hype brigade pumps out! Are these you're own thoughts???

What you fail to see is people can choose to work these jobs. McDonalds isn't the ONLY employer out there! Get a job at Coles or Safeway or some of those other dead-end positions if you feel so strongly about it. Nobody is holding a gun against anyone's head to work there.

YES, the company has moved with the times! These days you find more adults than kids going into the place because their main "money spinner" is coffee. Their McCafe's are perhaps their biggest earner within the restaurant itself and quite frankly I think they produce a better coffee than many of your typical coffee vendors!

The McDonalds corporation sponsors sporting events - EVERYWHERE! From Auskick to the FIFA World Cup.

Their McHappy Day alone last year scored $2 million dollars for their sick & terminally ill children who seek the help of the McDonalds House program.

Fair dinkum, I'd love to hear some of the other horrible things this company does, other than having its ties with an American company (which, by the way, this is not America ;)) so that I may educate myself further about the evil corporate giant that is McDonalds. Let's start on Coca Cola next and other large corporate companies simply because we have to have the tall poppy syndrome about them all.

These are massive companies! Like your typical government or anything else to that scale they aren't going to please everyone with everything, it's a business there to make money primarily, but then what it does with many of that excess is pump it back into communities in the way of sporting sponsorships and charity programs. Seriously, please list me some of the negatives about them. I take your point with workers salaries, that has always seemed to be a bit of an issue with them, but I'd be interested to hear more.

(ps: I don't even know why I'm sticking up for them, I don't even like their food :lol:)

I hope you aren't serious. Forget the whole anti-US-corporate-paranoia-thingy that you are pushing. If you read my post properly, it is spelled out. Nothing to do with that.

It's more to do with how the company treats/treated it's workers and it's stubborn nature. That it donates some money to sports and charities is truly irrelevant. It's not sponsorship either - it is paid advertising. Regardless of how you look at it, it is advertising. I give time and money to organisations and you won't see my companys logo on hoardings nor pamphlets/stickers et al.

Treat their workers like rubbish, change a little when years of activism forces them and then proclaim to be new, fresh and green :D... kinda like a wife beater that keeps getting arrested and in court, and after a while he tells the police "Yeah, I still hit her, but now I kiss her afterwards"
I'm honestly not trying to sway people on this. It's just my opinion. I couldn't give a rats a+se whether people eat there.
I got a good laugh from some of the comments though...you'll have to do it with a Forrest Gump aiksent "I don't give a damn, I just want somethang in my gut... food in mah guts.."

Reprobates. ;)

food is yummy, Go quarter pounders and double beef burgars

and plus if there was no Mc Donalds where would all the 17 year olds go to show off there cars lol...cant get into the clubs yet so they go to the Mc a Nats lol...they even dance in the car park to there own stereo............:lol::lol::lol:

I can Only speak for Penrith LOL

Moosenoose! How many times do I have to tell you? My dad doesn't eat mcdonalds, he was just working on the site next door.

hmmm, how do you know how maccas treats their workers if you have not worked there, and you would find they actually pay quite good compared to other jobs in simmilar food places.
BT

I've worked for worse than Macdonalds and I'll guarantee there are a lot of of Chefs/cooks/apprentices/kitchenhands that have too

I've eaten beetles, moths, bees, termites, spiders, scorpions, cockroaches, grasshoppers... more types of animals than most people have heard of, and all sorts of other things most people wouldn't recognise as food, but I cringe at the thought of eating the stuff they serve at McDonald's! My partner refused to watch me eat breakfast for the first few months we were together because she thought by favourite morning meal was too gross (three raw eggs in a glass of milk) :lol: I don't understand why people think the stuff they serve tastes good. It's not the least healthy stuff around (not that I'd be keen to make a habit of eating the other stuff either!) but it tastes awful! I'm also not keen on the whole multinational corporation stuff, but it's almost impossible to avoid them in a country like Australia.

I hope you aren't serious. Forget the whole anti-US-corporate-paranoia-thingy that you are pushing. If you read my post properly, it is spelled out. Nothing to do with that.

It's more to do with how the company treats/treated it's workers and it's stubborn nature. That it donates some money to sports and charities is truly irrelevant. It's not sponsorship either - it is paid advertising. Regardless of how you look at it, it is advertising. I give time and money to organisations and you won't see my companys logo on hoardings nor pamphlets/stickers et al.

Treat their workers like rubbish, change a little when years of activism forces them and then proclaim to be new, fresh and green :D... kinda like a wife beater that keeps getting arrested and in court, and after a while he tells the police "Yeah, I still hit her, but now I kiss her afterwards"
I'm honestly not trying to sway people on this. It's just my opinion. I couldn't give a rats a+se whether people eat there.
I got a good laugh from some of the comments though...you'll have to do it with a Forrest Gump aiksent "I don't give a damn, I just want somethang in my gut... food in mah guts.."

Reprobates. ;)

Fair enough, I see what you're saying, and yes I am serious ;) I was wondering if you were the one joking :D

But still, I don't think it's all bad regardless of whether you "believe" they do the majority of their charities merely for advertising purposes. Have you seen how bad some of the staff are anyway? Seems to reflect the wage if it's as bad as you say it is.

Cheers
Moosenoose! How many times do I have to tell you? My dad doesn't eat mcdonalds, he was just working on the site next door.

only a few more times 8)

but I cringe at the thought of eating the stuff they serve at McDonald's!

My thoughts also. Exactly what is that 100% beef?? 100% compacted cows intestine? :lol:

food is yummy, Go quarter pounders and double beef burgars

and plus if there was no Mc Donalds where would all the 17 year olds go to show off there cars lol...cant get into the clubs yet so they go to the Mc a Nats lol...they even dance in the car park to there own stereo............:lol::lol::lol:

I can Only speak for Penrith LOL
LMAO I knew you were talking about Penrith before I even got to the last bit of your post!!!
Newcastle is much of the same only difference all the drunks congregrate after all the clubs have shut and lots of fights break out!!

Most of us take the food out of the wrappers, must get a painfull passing them, and ON THE MOVE:shock:, as you say ON THE WAY........:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back