Smoking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetras

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Curious as to see who of you are smokers?

Coz i read in a post a while back that some1s python went ballistic whenever a smoker tried to handle it...

im a smoker and a hippy!,ahah..and iv never had a problem with my snakes and lizards in the past with it,(as i do not blow it in their faces or dutch out their enclosures)..but i can imagine and i know reptiles do not like the scent of any smoke,be it a ciggerette or a wooden fire.

true true. althought the thought of dutching out their enclosure...
anyways, ill see how it goes when i finally get my import license back... taken a week from 2moz and they havnt even taken the money out of my account yet.

I smoke and handle at the same time I just make sure I blow it away from him and I only ever smoke outside, but Ive never had a problem!!

whats your point its my choice.

Because its a stupid choice. Give it up while you are still young and haven't been addicted for years and years. And most long term smokers will agree with me.

Forget thinking its cool, and ignore peer pressure. Its bad for you and a disgusting habit.

I know, I've been doing it since I was younger than you and have fought the addiction for years.

We are just thinking of you in the long run mate. Listen to your elders (at least this once). ;)

whats your point its my choice.

I was asking a question, I'm sorry. . I wish that I could be as hardcore as you smoking at 15 years old.

Sadly I'm not 15 anymore and don't know everything ;)

Last edited:
smoke, but dont handle and smoke and try wash my hands before handling most of the time anyway, although i have noticed my mac hates female perfumes strangely enough, i tried passing him to my sister once n he went to bite her, she reaked of perfume at the time, i than passed him to my gf who he didnt mind, out of curiosity i asked her to put perfume on n than tried again and he went to bite her, so yea i guess some smells will affect a pythons behaviour but mine have never been fussed by smokers

smoke, but dont handle and smoke and try wash my hands before handling most of the time anyway, although i have noticed my mac hates female perfumes strangely enough, i tried passing him to my sister once n he went to bite her, she reaked of perfume at the time, i than passed him to my gf who he didnt mind, out of curiosity i asked her to put perfume on n than tried again and he went to bite her, so yea i guess some smells will affect a pythons behaviour but mine have never been fussed by smokers

makes sense, I wouldnt want anyone touching or rubbing their chemical perfumed or nicotine soaked hands on me either..ikkkk..

I have recently quit.....YaY!! probably the best choice ever made.
I have actually noticed that my snakes are not so happy bout being handled by smokers. Nothing dramatic, they just don't sit still or relax in the hands of smokers. Since I've quit they come out of the enclosures and are quite happy just to hang on to me and sit pretty still, for a pretty long time.
I think they are a little happier bout not having nicotine soaked hands handling them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back