womas : D info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey
im getting a woma hopefully in the next couple of weeks but have the enclosure that he/she will go in to when he/she gets bigger but am keen to set it up all ready.
have been reading alot on what to use for the substrate, i dont like the look of newspaper and really like the sandy look but have read that it can harm the snake if digested?
i also like the fact that the womas can dig if soft sands ect but is this possable in a captive enviroment with out harming the snake?
all help will be awsome :)

i don't have clue if its safe but maybe Max's Cat and Pet Litter its made from compressed rice husk and not dusty and its a nice light brown colour
so is it safe for snakes someone who knows what they are talking about????

If your not worried about cost, go with Aspen shavings. Completely non harmful to the snake, looks excellent and gives something to burrow in. :)

Hey I have heard that you can get a substrate made from ground nuts that looks alot like snady gravel and will not hurt your snakes digestive system if accidently eaten during feeding. Don't know where you can get it from, sorry, however it sounds like it might be just the ticket for you situation.

Hope that helps, good luck with your wooma.

You will get lots of different opinions on sand and you will have to make your own mind up in the end . I use sand for half my enclosure and a raised platform with marine carpet . The sand pit is for digging, rolling etc and the marine carpet is for feeding and drinking.
pic 1-enclosure, pic 2- Wilbur Rolling, pic 3- dinner on the carpet.
P.S this was a pic of the enclosure well before the snake was purchased and other things have been added or deleted,ie light /heat cage.......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Wilburs' encl.jpg
    Wilburs' encl.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Rolling 3 .jpg.jpg
    Rolling 3 .jpg.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Wilburs 1st feed 1.jpg.jpg
    Wilburs 1st feed 1.jpg.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 38
that is a nice enclosure!
all ideas are great and more suggestions or pics