Smoking

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoke like a clapped out falcon(and thats a lot;)),but snake is in non-smokin room .Smell on my hands doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Reptile Boy- Do what you wanna do dude.
If your a smart man then you'll work it out YOURSELF that they are CRAP, they STINK and bloody EXPENSIVE, hopefully before your hooked.

Cheers
Fab

Please point out where you got this from...its news to me. The last I saw if you supply alcohol to someone under 18 (whether your a parent or not) that it is illegal and the fines were $6000 or some such figure. Same with smokes.

When i was attending school we frequently had police come into the school to give us talks and nearly every time they would come around this subject would always come up and they have stated to us that if you are in a cotrolled enviroment with your perants permission you are legally allowed to drink/smoke i dont know if they have changed this matter in the 2 years or not.

When i was attending school we frequently had police come into the school to give us talks and nearly every time they would come around this subject would always come up and they have stated to us that if you are in a cotrolled enviroment with your perants permission you are legally allowed to drink/smoke i dont know if they have changed this matter in the 2 years or not.

I'd believe that.
I went to a boarding school and we were allowed to smoke so long as we had a letter with our parents consent.
There was only 1 smoking area and we had specific times of the day we were able to use it. You were punished for smoking out of bounds/time. This was from the age of 13 and onwards as the school covered yrs 7 - 10.

First it was herps, aged 6, then it was smokes, aged 8, then a hippy aged 13. Our 6th form demountable was a total dutch out (as was the teachers staff room). i gave up being a hippy, then I gave up the smokes, but just dont seem able to give up the herps.

Is there a Betty Ford clinic for herp addictions?

Don't smoke.... never smoked.... never plan to smoke, it's a filthy habit and im 20 so at the age where all those smoking 15 and 16 year olds are now hooked and realise how un cool it is and have potentially destroyed their lives. I sit back with a grin and watch those who bagged me out for not smoking at school suffer from the addiction and the inevitable future that lays ahead whilst cigarettes are still a part of their lives.

It is one of those things that everybody that does it seems to start young.... I don't know anyone who took up smoking any older than 17...

My brother started at 19. I think thats alot crazier than starting at 14 or 15.

I smoke, my partners snake doesn't seem to mind it.

No I bet it loves it :lol: Snakes naturally love smoke.
Guys come on... I seriously dont know your reasoning for handling a snake while smoking a ciggie at the same time...why cant you either wait to hold or smoke later ...if you are so hooked on baccy that much you guys have got serious health problems..if your a smoker ,your going to smell different to your snake then a non smoker ,you smell different to us even ..but talking to someone that has been smoking but not at the time of convo is not a bother to me ,you smell stale and ashy,but your not offensive..BUT smoking while talking to me and its blowing back in my face is DISGUSTING and you will offend me ..and I am sure if your snake could tell you to get lost it would ..no animal likes the smell of ciggie smoke ..my dogs run away from my hubby when he is outdoors having one they hate it ..

It's horrible to quit. I quit in 2000 after 20 years. Twice before I've stopped for several years but ended up going back to it (women!). The last year has had some bitter moments. I really thought I was going to start again except I remember how nasty the first pack was when I've quit and started before. Once the first pack is out of the way it would be smooth sailing, it's just the first few that are so wretched.
Stop while you can. If you don't do it now it is so much worse in the future.

I'm not a smoker so can't help with the initial question, and am not bagging those that do-it's an individual choice, BUT could smoking while handling your snake be bad for it's lungs?? I appreciate (or at least hope) that it isn't a regular thing for those that do smoke while handling snakes, but surely the whole passive smoking thing wouldn't be all that good for them. Anyone know for sure??

I agree, never smoked and never wanted to. It just made the kids at school look stupid and still does. In this day and age surely no young kid can think smoking is cool ? My parents told me it stunts your growth and I'm 6 foot 4 :)
I know so many people desperately trying to kick the filthy habit, why start in the first place ?

Don't smoke.... never smoked.... never plan to smoke, it's a filthy habit and im 20 so at the age where all those smoking 15 and 16 year olds are now hooked and realise how un cool it is and have potentially destroyed their lives. I sit back with a grin and watch those who bagged me out for not smoking at school suffer from the addiction and the inevitable future that lays ahead whilst cigarettes are still a part of their lives.

No, this is absolute rubbish and has been the case for several years. It is illegal to purchase cigarettes or alcohol if you are under 18 and if you are an adult it is strictly illegal to provide alcohol to, or purchase alcohol on behalf of a minor, regardless of your relationship to them.

So technically if your dad lets you have a beer at home when you are 17, he is breaking the law. There's a pretty good chance he won't be prosecuted for it though.

Prince Randian [aka:the snake man] rolls and lights up a smoke with no hands.

[video=youtube;yd3Wzxq-LDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3Wzxq-LDA[/video]

prince_randian2.jpg

randian_on_bench.jpg

Prince Randian, whose real name has been lost to history, was born in Demarara, British Guyana, in 1871, the child of British Indian slaves. Little is known about his early life or how he was discovered, but it seems his incredible adaptability did not go unnoticed. He was brought to the United States in the 1890s to appear in freak shows, where he demonstrated the ease and facility with which he could shave, write, paint, and roll cigarettes - all without arms or legs. He was even fairly efficient at moving from place to place, wriggling his hips and shoulders in a snakelike motion. Randian is said to have been a skilled carpenter. The box in which he kept his smoking materials was built by Randian himself, using his mouth and shoulders to manipulate his tools, and he often joked that he would someday build his own house.
Randian was a clever and quick witted man who could speak English, German and French in addition to Hindi, his native language. He married early in life to a Hindu woman known only as Princess Sarah, who remained devoted to him throughout his long show career. The couple had four children together and the family eventually settled in Patterson, New Jersey.

Randian died of a heart attack on December 19, 1934. He was 62.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back