Burn on Beardie baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redbellybite me. If she KNEW it, she wouldn't have done it. At most, she had doubts. If you want to do something useful with your attitude, start a petition about the manufacturer and supplier. Tehlia, enough with the mea culpa.

Maree

the poor thing.

they have very few heat sensors along the bottom half of their body. it would have been well over 130 F (55C) and he would have been sitting there cooking for well over a minuet to burn even at those temperatures. who knows, it could have been much hotter.

they are designed to stay around 15-20C above room temp. (hence giving you a hot spot) BUT, if the hot spot is already 40C its gonna heat up and over 60C.

i surely hope this has snapped you into a mature mode, where we stop selfishly supplying 'easier' or 'cheaper' options for our pets.

use a human burn cream. antiseptic ointments.

keep all of his substrate out, use lightly misted paper towel. and keep the wound clean. once it begins to heal up ( a few days it will dry) then dry paper towel... its just dry paper towel will get stuck to an open wound.

ideally visit a vet. i would have already.

he well have troubles shedding that area as with any other wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back