Rough Scaled Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inbreeding is/has been used with nearly every form of domestic animals we have. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Its useful for 'fixing' certain genetic phenotypes. All those pretty jungles (high yellows etc) would have used some form of inbreeding.

Maree

that will be great are you the guys that had one there last year i missed out on going cause i had to work but i got the day off this year i am showing up with keyarna and mike from ure reptiles we will be setting up next to eachother :D

This is our first year going, making the drive up Saturday morning and staying over Saturday night and driving back on the Sunday. Be good to see some RSP more in the flesh.

just finished work here are my pics

Attachments

• P1130024.JPG
    P1130024.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 153
  • P1130025.JPG
    P1130025.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 112
  • P1130035.JPG
    P1130035.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 165
  • P1130096.JPG
    P1130096.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 232
  • P1130055.JPG
    P1130055.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 136
This is our first year going, making the drive up Saturday morning and staying over Saturday night and driving back on the Sunday. Be good to see some RSP more in the flesh.

look forward to meeting you anyway i hope you have a good drive ;)

How cute is the photo where he/she is curled up in a ball?

People are worried about inbreeding a species
that has such a micro distribution? The captive
population originates from a single island i think?
(I know theres other populations)
So its safe to assume they've been inbreeding for
thousands of years... forget 9 generations.

People are worried about inbreeding a species
that has such a micro distribution? The captive
population originates from a single island i think?
(I know theres other populations)
So its safe to assume they've been inbreeding for
thousands of years... forget 9 generations.

Yeah be serious about this guys. They've only got a small gene pool, can't you tell? That's why they all look retarded.

They really are quite a unique species, and as previously stated, its a shame that we can't keep them here in Vic (yet :)). Roughies actually remind me greatly of Amazon tree boas (Corallus hortulanus), not as much colour wise, but more with respect to their body shape and design. Here's a link to show you what I mean:

http://www.amazontreeboa.org/geegee.htm

Regards,
Trent.

i have a few roughies and have found them to be very placid & easy to work with
as the price of them drops over the next couple of season's I think they will become very popular & deservedly so :D beautiful animals

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 147
There was 7 Wild Rougies caught from the wild,

2 went to Perth Zoo ( they have bred them twice now)
Another 2 were kept at a Broom DEC but tranferd to a new Croc farm in Broom.
The other 3 Went to the Australian reptile park and thats where all your babies parents parents came from.
They are only found in a small region north of broom around Hunter River and Prince Frederick Harbour.

The people in VIC dont you think you have enough on your keepers list,
We in WA have every little on our keepers list, we aren't even allowed the roughies even though they are only found in WA nor childrens and North West Carpets.
We are only allowed to keep 41 species (Only 5 Pythons) and thats S ***!!!!

Nice pic Herpkeeper :)

Wow thanks for that guys. Shame about not keeping them in Vic or WA. If more people could keep them im sure they would be popular. Well i cant wait going to me me one this year i think. (gotta start saving)

The picture of the Ball roughie is so cute thansk for sharing pics :)

Niall said:
The people in VIC dont you think you have enough on your keepers list,
We in WA have every little on our keepers list, we aren't even allowed the roughies even though they are only found in WA nor childrens and North West Carpets.
We are only allowed to keep 41 species (Only 5 Pythons) and thats S ***!!!!

it is never enough and that is why it is not long now before we can keep rough scaled pythons as well.

and if you don't like what you can and can not keep in W.A all i can say is MOVE....lol

it wouldnt be hard to keep em in vic im currently working on a petition to get em on licence in vic but im haveing trouble working out how to get names on a form other than going from pet shop to pet shop and getting signiatures wich seems like it would be a colossal waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back