Taking lid off Click Clack Scares Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulcahy

Reaction score
Hi all i was wondering if there was a way to make removing the click clack lid quieter as my little spotted is already getting defencive cause of the noise if i leave uncliped for a short period of time with a book on top it is great but as soon as i have to unclip it she gets defencive

Thanks Shane Mulcahy

They might be deaf but they feel the snap easily enough.
Just unclip it and leave it weighted for a while til it calms again if it worries you.

Maree

worried about getting tagged just get a hook problem solved, don't really matter what cage you end up setting up for a snake they always know when the cage is being opened

It doesnt matter how quite/stealthy you are, the snake will become aware of your presence eventually, even if it's only when you pick it up. Get a pocket hook or something similar to remove it from the tank, and handle it once out. Don't flinch when it bites you, it won't hurt, if it's a hatchy you'll be lucky if it even manages to break the skin with a single tooth. It should eventually grow out of it, but you will cop a few bites to start with.

yeah i understand that it will bite and i will start using a hook, as for flinching it is just a reaction that i can't seem to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back