Integrity of NSW Government departments?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGECKO

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Roughly 3 weeks ago i became aware of an aquarium in NSW that is selling Red Eared Sliders and Eastern long neck turtles.
I went in the shop to confirm this and found that they did indeed have red eared sliders, I then contacted NSW Parks and Wildlife, DPI, AQIS and RSPCA.
These are the answers i got after reporting it.
Parks and wildlife : Thank you very much, we will look into it.
DPI: Not our jurestiction
AQIS: Not our jurestiction as there are wild populations in Aus
RSPCA: Whats a Red eared slider? Is it being mistreated?

After reporting this no less than 3 times to Parks and Wildlife, the shop has now actually sold out of red eared sliders and is now selling Eastern long Necks instead. I even went to the trouble of purchasing an Eastern Long Neck and conned the shop owner into giving me a receipt for it. I took photos of the animal and receipt with the shop name and surrendered the animal.
Still nothing has changed!!!

Great to see that all our TAX dollars and licence fees seem to go towards absolutely nothing.

NSW DECC pick up your act.

as jason said its not suprising. its time they started using the money they get from our high licencing fees and start doing something insted of just sitting on their ***** doing very little.

maybe they need to hire someone who can tell a turtle apart from a goldfish

haha....AQIS: 'Not our jurestiction as there are wild populations in Aus' ... what about the selling of reptles illegally in petshops. does that mean because there are wild populations of eastern ling necks that other shops can sell them off license aswell?

RSPCA: Whats a Red eared slider? Is it being mistreated?... i think no heater, no rocks, no lighting etc counts as mistreatment.

the government departments are an absolute joke and overall a waste of my money, just like this tax bonus we're getting the government are an absolute bunch of clowns and always will be. im yet to deal with ANY government department that aren't intirely useless!!

integrity + government? I don't think you can put them in the same sentence, logically speaking.

Maree

The way i understand it now is that all pet shops can start dealing in reptiles immediately and there is not a god dam thing any government department will and can do about it.

stoped in to there on the way home from the expo to check it out they had no turtles there anymore but there was the conspicuous empty tank surrounded by other full tanks that looked recently cleared out, had a look at there fish were horrible cross breds, dying ones, sick saratogas,dying stone fish....

really only tank i saw in the back room was a huge empty one on the left side, owners asked me a few questions though just said yea cudnt understand them.

Perhaps the legal branch of DECC and the NSW police are staking out the joint, video taping and secretly recording the deals following the buyers home and generally collecting the necessary material about this illegal activity in preparation for a 5am 'sting'. You know -just like letting a drug house operate so they can net more..

Of course they couldn't be seen to act on your information if this was the case.

Do I believe this? No, but it would be nice to think this is the reason

Perhaps the legal branch of DECC and the NSW police are staking out the joint, video taping and secretly recording the deals following the buyers home and generally collecting the necessary material about this illegal activity in preparation for a 5am 'sting'. You know -just like letting a drug house operate so they can net more..

Of course they couldn't be seen to act on your information if this was the case.

Do I believe this? No, but it would be nice to think this is the reason
If thats the case I`ll send them a case of crownies :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back