Snake ranch has tiger jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what this means is that i need to label my RHD's as tiger stripe womas?? seems like the only obvious thing to do imo.

there is a small number of breeders that have been selectively breeding tiger jungles for years, not a new term imo.

i am happy to see SR put an alright price on them rather then try to milk it for some extra dollars... good work SR.

the entire thing reminds me of the 'honey' jungle crap. these animals are just an atherton mix and judging by the colours.... well they speek for themselves. ill stick with other nice yellow 'tiger' jungles i think.

i think zac and rgers animals are the ones to watch as far as stripe jungles go!

nice animals none the less and as i was not into jungles until this year i was unawares of these animals

I have to agree with whats been said above... SR's jungles are too bad for the price, but there are alot better 'tigers' getting around. SR will probably sell all of their stock though.....Thats if they can get them feeding!!;)

I think their pretty impressive,not a bad price.As with every species theirs average ones,good ones and stunning ones.SR are not taking the credit for the name as previously mentioned,times like these i might start selling the kids....

Not to mention his are lowland jungles... none of this atherton crap. hehehe.

But yes of course athertons are crap, but I still like them.:)

I say good luck to SR and to the rest of the breeders who's putting an effort breeding stunnning stripes, more power to you all, the more beautiful critters out there the better;)

Some pics of atherton stripes

Feb07RC.jpg

FTBmale07.jpg

resizedMARY518a.jpg

Mikejan07.jpg

femtigerath.jpg

But yes of course athertons are crap, but I still like them.:)

I say good luck to SR and to the rest of the breeders who's putting an effort breeding stunnning stripes, more power to you all, the more beautiful critters out there the better;)

Some pics of atherton stripes

Hehe, I know you have some stunners mate. I'm just stirring....... in fact I'll still hit you up one day for a nice lady stripes for my atherton boy.

having said that I do like my jungles to be stumpy.

LOL fair enough, put it this way the bigger(longer) your animal the longer the stripes:D

haha...love that train of thought!
your athertons are without a doubt the best around! stunning animals mate definately want some this season!

$900 a pair not a bad price i think .....they are not bad either ,they look ok . they are not claiming the name either they suggest it came from Brett Zaccar ...

brett zaccar has some gorgouse animals that he's been breeding for years called tiger jungles they are absolutly stunning animals along with all the rest of his blood lines just absolutly stunning, he also has been working on the australian jag which there are pic's in him new site.

ask snake power for the site seeing it's his site in the first place.

+ I think the aussy animals are sooooooooooooooo much nicer then the us ones and to top it off they are all pure animals here. the one's over seas are mostly crossed with other things anyways.

your aloud to have your oppinion but thats mine.

cheers Jody

My thoughts are... well.... Im trying not to laugh really.

Thinking SR are the first to tag jungles with the Tiger monkier is wrong, Jungle_freak has a proven genetic line of jungles which he named tigers a few yrs back....
quote]

If you read their latest newsletter, they didn't claim to create the name they said 'Brett Zaccar' coined and they decided to use it too.

if you check overseas you will find that the most common 'tigers' are coastals not jungles.

Maybe I should start calling these guys tiger coastals????

I just refer to them as striped or super-striped coastals.

jas

Attachments

• striped email 2.jpg
    striped email 2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 100
One thing I have learned from this forum is the variability of the Australian pythons. Until recently I thought only super light womas with very light banding were the only worthwhile ones. Jungle pythons had to be very crisp black and yellow, otherwise they were probably hybrids / intergrades. And diamond pythons, well, the only way I would say one is a true pure diamond is if Fish & Wildlife pulled it from a suitcase's hidden compartment after Qantas landed.
Now I realize womas do have a variety of natural looks. Some I like more than others, but that doesn't mean that one is better than the other, just different. Jungles, the black and gold screamers are still the favorite. That isn't the only way a REAL jungle looks, they can be banded in different ways and different hues.
That leaves diamond pythons. For diamond pythons nothing has changed. Are there pure diamonds in the US? I'm sure there is. How can you know? I think it's just a roll of the dice. That really would apply to all I've mentioned here, diamonds are just the trickiest.

A ad from 1997 in the US

Attachments

• TigerAd2006.jpg
    TigerAd2006.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 192
i dont get it, whats the difference between striped jungles and tiger jungles?

what is meant by hold a candle to them mate ? nice jungles

that we have better jungles here in Australia than the rubbish that is produced overseas..
whoever posted that comment about Australia not having jungles as good as the americans :rolleyes:
basically doesnt know squat about jungles..

There sure are some nice specimens on this thread, I really like the striped look.

There are some really talented breeders in this Country.

I take my hat off to you.

yeah thanks for your sarcasm collin ,

although our jungles are nice i personally like the ones they have in america as well , if you read the original post maybe opening ones eyes you will see that i never once knocked our jungles here

Gozz they are bloody awesome what bloodline are they? palmerstons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back