Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boi024.jpg

escapeartis and grizz thumbs up, love the coffee table enclosures. It's something I have been wanting to do for ages. I also though it's be cool to transform an old fashion TV into a gecko enclosure.
I still want a coffee table, one thats devided though. I think they would be great for a nice pair of death adders and it'd stop people play fighting in the lounge room. :D

escapeartis and grizz thumbs up, love the coffee table enclosures. It's something I have been wanting to do for ages. I also though it's be cool to transform an old fashion TV into a gecko enclosure.
I still want a coffee table, one thats devided though. I think they would be great for a nice pair of death adders and it'd stop people play fighting in the lounge room. :D

lmfao. love that idea

Here are a couple pics of Indi's enclosure. Just a fish tank I converted but it's not too bad for her(?) first home. I've got a new 4' timber one on order, which will be better. :)

Attachments

• P3270125.JPG
    P3270125.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 127
  • P3270127.JPG
    P3270127.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 112
My bredli`s double storey townhouse....;)

Attachments

• amazon%20005.jpg
    amazon%20005.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 176
  • amazon%20006.jpg
    amazon%20006.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 114
  • amazon%20008.jpg
    amazon%20008.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 705
Loving the coffee tables.
Funny cos i was just whinging how boring the plain white enclosures are in chat...

Heres the one i just 'fixed'. Cost me mostly in the perspex top.
Grand bill total was $60 (for the perspex)
The rest of the piks are on the site in my sig.

dscf7510.jpg

hallie no wonder your miss's was cracking it that thing is monsterous

Just a few of mine

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpg
    IMG_4062.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 207
escape artist this is fantastic! i absolutly love it, and if it wouldnt freak my mum out so much i would get my (coming) snake taken away, i would get one for sure!

omg , escape artist's table is awsome. what are the dimensions ? and what snake is lucky enough to live in there ?

omg , escape artist's table is awsome. what are the dimensions ? and what snake is lucky enough to live in there ?

Lucky??? Sorry but I feel sorry for the snake that lives in there!!! Putting a snake in a coffee table Its just not right IMO

Dont get me wrong I like the look of it but its no good for a snake

Lewy

heres afew pics of my tanks....macs bredlis childrens...most of the pics are my macs, i spent ages on there tank....enjoy!

Luke

Now there some lucky snakes

Looks good Luke

Lucky??? Sorry but I feel sorry for the snake that lives in there!!! Putting a snake in a coffee table Its just not right IMO

Dont get me wrong I like the look of it but its no good for a snake

Lewy

...why not?

...why not?

You ask why not you got to be kidding!! Having people constantly annoying the snake all day and in to the night by putting there cups and glasses on top of the enclosure, Snakes naturally dont like activity above them as its a threat to them also having it in the lounge room where the TV may be on all night again annoying the hell out of a snake

Yes it looks great but IMO its a stupid Idea for a snake

Last edited:
i agree with Lewy, love the look of them and think they are fantastic, but could actually seriously harm a timid snake. if an individual snake could handle this then great, but not for all IMO

So here is the table that got me in to building tables. I knocked it up at work on a Saturday
with bits and pieces we had lying around the shop. I actually planned on building a coffee
table enclosure so I did have the lights and sensors already. The lights on the particular
enclosure are l.e.d's and heat is provided from heat mats which are at one end of the tank.
All wiring is hidden and that includes the wires for the l.e.d's, thermostat, temp and
humidity sensors.

I posted this coffee table up on another website and got a lot of offers and one I couldn't
refuse. And didn't. Hope you guys think it's ok. I have built some more since, my camera
was sent back for warranty so don't have pics. I am almost finished a new design at the
moment which I will post when it's done. Unfortunately seeings I do make tanks for people
as a hobby I can't post build pics.

Nath

Stand1.jpg

Stand2.jpg

Stand3.jpg
that has to be the best coffee table ive ever seen. i want one. pm sent

i agree that it's not a great enclosure for a snake. especially the jungle that's in there, hiding in the corner under the only dark place. not much to climb on, along with all the activity. just don't think it's right. nice CRAFTSMANSHIP, no doubt about that.

Just finished making this. It cost $900 in the end, but was worth it!!!!
Full pics showing the entire built are located in the 'albums' under my profile name

Attachments

• 12 - The finished product 1.jpg
    12 - The finished product 1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 13 - The finished product 1c.jpg
    13 - The finished product 1c.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 13 - The finished product 1e.jpg
    13 - The finished product 1e.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 14 - Kaiser moves in 1g.jpg
    14 - Kaiser moves in 1g.jpg