Defence Force

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python blue

Reaction score
Hi,
Later this year im seriously thinking about joining the navy as ive always had a fond fasination with water so i thought what better of a career could i have that pays so well im just looking for the pros and cons of this situation as im not entirley sure on it yet and just looking for peoples expresions about the defence force who have served/recruited, later on this month im going for my aptitude and ability testing but want to be a marine tech so im hoping i get a good enough score to get this trade.

Good Luck with it all... My eldest daughter has just joined the AAFC (Aust. Air Force Cadets) and is loving it! The military forces are great, they provide so much more than a normal day to day job but I guess its at a small price, being away from family.

Let us know how you go

go for it. free rent. and think of all the chicks when you pull in to port

Mate i spent 15years in and had a ball. Good life for a young single bloke. Came out with a trade as well. Do it mate. Go places your mates wouldn't even dream of.

Mate i spent 15years in and had a ball. Good life for a young single bloke. Came out with a trade as well. Do it mate. Go places your mates wouldn't even dream of.

Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan.............................. :lol:

I did my time as well only in the dirty part - the Army. Thankfully I did it in the days before political correctness.

But the thing is, I definitely wouldn't have done as well out of life as I have if I hadn't done my time in the Army. And I've done alright for a boy from Dapto. I now work for myself, put the kids through a private school, two new cars in the family, nice house (well, nice for an alcoholic herp lover anyway), caravan, boat etc.

You will certaibly be able to set yourself up well if you do it mate.

Thanks for all the input really helpful im just hoping that i get to become a marine tech for some reason i dont know why but it seems an alright job to do while serving

No idea about the usefullness of that outside the Navy but just make sure whatever you do you can use it in Civvy Street.

Marine Technicians have a lot to do with diesels, compressors anything mechanical to do with the ship's propulsion. I was trained in mechanical and electrical sides to do with propulsion. My main job was to look after the ship's fin stabilisers and helicopter landing machinery.

Yes Iraq twice. You can only watch a yank jet take off and land on a carrier so many times before it becomes boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back