morphing tadpoles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dano85

Reaction score
hi im in the process of trying to morph some green tree frog tadpoles. how warm should the water be? its sitting at about 20*c average give or take i had one get its front legs but it unfortunately died the others seem to be no where near that stage im feeding frozen lettuce and fish food, has anyone got any pointers? i also have a 2uvb tube on top of the tank is that right?

Last edited:
did you catch them yourself?
if so maybe get some water from were you found them. lettuce should be good. all tadpoles eat plant matter ect so maybe provide a few live plants in it.
any questions just ask i got a book on them.

yea i got them out of a bucket outside and i got rid of the water so i cant get more. I want to watch them morph and then release them does it say any thing about water temp? im just curious because it is late in the breeding season and i dont no if it is to cold as im in syd

doesn't say temperature but it does say it may take 2 weeks to 12 months on most tadpoles (all australian tadpole averages).
it should only take another 2-3weeks im guessing. since they are more of a tropical species id go with 22-24 degrees.

i kept 3 lots of spotted march tadpoles on different diets and in different location in my house i found that feeding them alot at each sitting with me fish food worked alot better than lettuce u just ahve to keep feeding them everyday just overload them with food no to much but just more thn u would think they would eat and they should start morphing quikly lol thats what i found anyway hope it helps

Lettuce is not really a good food, it is too course and if you really need to use it, soak it on hot water [blanching] it help breakdown the cell structure and makes digestion easier.

Fish flake food [soaked so it sinks] would be better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back