Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PilbaraPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that a member here has used APS private messages to claim that Luke Warren ( Iceman ) has supplied a captive bred Stimson hatchling bred in QLD with a confirmed case of OPMV.
While it is very true that this particular reptile did die within one day of purchase Luke has never received or seen the alleged veterinary report for cross examination of the vet who allegedly wrote it.

As the owner of the parents of the progeny in question I find this behavior adherent and this sort of premature defamation unfair.
Why go public here about this?
Simple, because besides one known pm, we do not know how many people other members have also received the same pm and want this matter to not get unfairly out of hand.
I urge anybody who may have received a pm warning about this unproven claim, ignore this until we get to the bottom of it.
At this stage Luke has been tried and convicted and defamed without due process even if behind the secrecy of private messages
Nobody should ever support the covering up of genuine cases of this disease but equally we should never automatically believe that one veterinary report is accurate without cross examination.

If this member had any morality he would allow at the very least the supplier the chance to read the alleged veterinary report and consult first hand with the Dr who wrote it.
Luke and myself cannot comment too much more on this matter until this is done but will certainly keep anybody who is interested as to what the real story is.

Luke does not for a minute believe he has or has ever had OPMV and furthermore has no sick reptiles.
Luke however did for a fact accidentally expose some individual to excess heat of which did cause the fatality of a few hatchling Stimsons. It may very well be the case that some of the siblings that survived actually had un noticed internal damage.

Off note: This member who purchased three Stimsons with one dying was fully refunded for the entire three.

Regards

Dave

Talk about a whichunt buy some people .Its a shame
that people dont think (spreading rumours )about what repercusions that can
come out ,and ruien a persons reputation shame shame shame
Its like an old womens sewing circle some times
cheers Trent

I dont know what they are complaining about if they were fully refunded! I was of the understanding that OPMV can lay dorment for up to a year in siblings without them showing signs of the disease?? Can anyone enlighten me or comment further on this?

Sounds to me like the roumers might be being spread by the competition..

I have bought off Iceman and his animals are in great health and eat great etc etc.
Id be thinking someone is simply jelous of his animals ;)

This is not about refunds...this is about containing a "suspected" disease
everyone ought to thank Pilbara Pythons for being truthful
JMO
Cheers
Sandee :)

People definitely need to get their facts 100 percent right before starting any such nonsence. Even then Luke would be the first one to come forward and declare that he had a problem, but he has no sick animals as Dave has already stated.
Before any such pms were made it should of first been found out if it is infact true, (which i highly highly dought).
Humans are horrid creatures, id rather spend time with my animals that most people i have met.

I dont know what they are complaining about if they were fully refunded!

probably because of the possible chance of exposure to their other reptiles. but thats where quarentine comes in.

sad to hear this though.

also some snakes may never show signs of the disease but can be carriers.

cheers smithy.

People definitely need to get their facts 100 percent right before starting any such nonsence. Even then Luke would be the first one to come forward and declare that he had a problem, but he has no sick animals as Dave has already stated.
Before any such pms were made it should of first been found out if it is infact true, (which i highly highly dought).
Humans are horrid creatures, id rather spend time with my animals that most people i have met.
Here Here,

i understand what Dave is saying, but you guys will have to act if a vet report comes through

Dave

Hadn't heard a word about this, untill now. Now we have all heard :)))))

probably because of the possible chance of exposure to their other reptiles. but thats where quarentine comes in.

sad to hear this though.

cheers smithy.

this is getting off track.
ssssmithy.. how long do you quarentine an animal that as you say may never show signs of the disease but can be carriers?
i hope for all involved that there isnt a case of OPMV. no one would ever knowenly keep or sell an animal with it.

this is getting off track.
ssssmithy.. how long do you quarentine an animal that as you say may never show signs of the disease but can be carriers?
i hope for all involved that there isnt a case of OPMV. no one would ever knowenly keep or sell an animal with it.

i was just elaborating on what seumas12345 was saying on snakes not showing signs. not being nasting or anything atall. and correct me if im wrong thats just what iv read and heard.
and as for quarentine,i dont know about other people but i dont go and buy snakes and just put them in the rack with my other snakes straight away thats all.

and no definately a terrible thing to be accused of having. hope all turns out for the better:)
cheers smithy.

dave, my first gilfreinds name was baaaaabaaaaaraaaa. lol.

Luke has already said to me that if it is true he will euthanase his colletion, but as said i highly highly dought it as he is convinced that all his animals are fine. He lost a handfull of hatchie stimmies in a heat wave this season thats all. hell he breed a lot of animals this season if he had it thru his collection the stress of breeding would of brought out symptoms in a number of adult animals i would think, yet all are thriving.????

sad to hear this though.

cheers smithy.

Obviously didn't go on to read my further point.... They were refunded, and then the idiots have gone and spread rumours.... I went on to say that OPMV can lay dormant without the owner even knowing.... So just like everyone else in this thread, I am saying the buyer should have got their facts right before saying that Luke knew he had sick animals and was selling them off... Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back