Odd behaviour from my stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tegan

Reaction score
Our Stimson Python seems to be acting odd over the last week or so... usually he is shy and we don't see him all that often but recently he has been VERY active, roaming around and on 2 occasions I have found him trying to squeeze through his air vent, as if he was trying to get out! I got him out a few times and he is really frantic, he is usually very friendly and laid back!

He hasn't eaten in a few weeks, first off I thought he was about to go into hibernate, he ate a tonne and shed.... but now, because he's never acted this way before Im getting worried he is uncomfortable!!!

My biggest concern is the not eating factor while so active? can anyone shed light on this? perhaps you've noticed the same thing an it has just gone away? is there a simple explanation?

I don't know if it makes a differance but to be honest we are not sure if it is a female or male!? he's about 3 years and seems healthy, the only thing perhaps that I should mention is I caught him eating backwards last time he ate, by the time I saw what was happening it was to late!

Thanks, and I hope I get a few opinions on what the problem (if any) may be?

Last edited:
i dont think you have anything to be worried about,my stimmie is about five years old and in the evening she is roaming all over her enclosure and she tries to get out at the gap in the glass,she also hasnt eaten four four months but i think as long as they are moving around and appear to be healthly there isnt a problem
eating a food item backwards shouldnt pose a problem

good luck

He randy, the cooler weather is turning his mind onto "other things ;)", I wouldn't expect him to eat much (if anything at all) now till spring.

yeah dont worrie at all he's just rying to search for a mate and is dedicated to thats since it close to that time of year thnk of him as a 18 year old male just finding the pub and girls

i have wa pins, female has stopped eating, but male is a pig & still eating, but do expect him to stop soon, he is all over his cage as well at night..

A few of my snakes make a habit of eating meals backwards, stupid things--takes so much longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back