Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dailyskin

Reaction score
I am beyond devistated. We have raised our boy Noodle from a tiny hatchie, he is now nearly 18 months old. :cry:

Over the weekend, he escaped from his new enclosure (he's been in it a month)

He has managed to get between the sliding glass (2.5mm). We did block this gap, however there was a cm at the very top that wasn't blocked :(

We have looked EVERYWHERE. We have left a heat mat with a hide, under the couch. We are leaving out a pinkie every few nights.

The problem is, we have been renovating, so there are gaps in the skirting boards :( We share a massive underground crawlspace with the other 6 units in our block.

With the cold weather, I'm hoping he *might* come back into the house looking for heat?

Is there any hope he might come back?

Lost snake

My maculousa has gotten out a few times...seems to just go for a 2 or 3 week holiday then returns to his enclosure. If you leave the enclosure open there is chance u might find him sitting under the heat lamp like i found mine.

lost

Try the pinky in a small bottle on the heat mat, he can get in hungry but with a full belly not out.
Just a suggestion

oh no!
i suppose theres always a chance he'll come back to where hes used to looking for heat or food.
if you think thats where hes escaped to, maybe you could try putting a hide/heat mat in the crawlspace?
...and maybe warn the neighbours lol, just so they dont die of shock if he turns up.
maybe he will find some heat in someone else's apartment and they can bring him back :)
Good luck with little noodle! i hope he comes back!!
keep us up to date! :)

lost hope no-way

Start to give up in 6-12 months, l personally know of friends that have had "herps"turn-up after 6-12 months and l bet there are a lot of similar stories on this web-site...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

The other problem (and I hesitate to put this here because TBH I don't want to hear a lot of crap in response) is that we have an indoor cat. We are containing him to the bedroom during the day and night, unless we are with him in the living room.

My real concern is that I believe he could well have gotten OUT of the house - through the skirting boards. How possible is it that he will come BACK into the house?

Thanks so much guys - great suggestion about a heat mat under the house in the crawl space!!!!!! I'll do that tonight, with a hide over the top!!!

I'll also make a flier to put in all the letterboxes of out neighbours warning them, and asking them to call us if they see him.

Survival

Snakes can go a long time without food and water. Reptiles have been around for millions of years and are pretty good at surviving. If it gets outside there is always a chance it may come back within a day or 10 years...all depends on what the snake feels like and yeah watch out for that cat.

BTW wanted to point out - I'm worried about the cat hurting Noodle, not the other way around! The cat is a frighteningly good mouser :(

I wouldn't give up just yet. A scrub python I have was missing in her previous owners house for 6 months.
Glen..

Yeh dont give up leave containers of water in the corners of rooms and the like if your worried.You might have to do a all nighter to find him turn of all the lights and stay up with a torch.Even try putting in a infrared light so you can see him while your up?My little male diamond was let out he didnt show up for 6 weeks when mum was walking in the kitchen at 11.30pm he was on the floor.I think he was sleeping behind the fridge.

I lost a carpet for 16 month found it living in my rats shed almost 4 feet longer and ready for breeding she had 25 eggs that year

Never give up!!

I lost both my jungles and got them both back!!

The trick is place some live rats in a cage near where they escaped and hopefully they will smell the scent and come straight back. Keep looking in the middle of the night when they are most active!!

AND GOOD LUCK!:D

Actually I do have a pet mouse *eek*

On the one hand, maybe it will attract him... On the other hand, I would prefer if he didn't eat my pet mouse :S

bugger touch wood i ahve never ahd this happen but he will probably turn up in the stupidist place

also (matE reminded me) hehe...if you havent already...check behind the fridge :)
so many people lose their snakes and they have open windows and things and think they've escaped outside, and they turn up behind the fridge...
i lost 2 spotteds and thats thats where they were.

fpund my BHP in the stove cralled in the back of it through a hole, maybe its in the stove.

Yeah we pulled out the fridge, checked speakers etc... But I've been told they travel along the skirting boards generally, and considering that we have none (instead, attractive snake-sized gaps leading into the under-house area DOH) I am thinking he may have gone under the house.

I am going to try setting up a heat mat and hide under the house, and checking it every morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back