Help! I found a Green-Tree frog!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
Hi,
I know that my title sound a bit funny but i do need help. I have just found a large Green-Tree frog in Mt. Isa- I know, weird right?? I don't really know what to do with him/er, s/he is looking a bit worse-for-wear so i have put it in a contain with a domp cloth and a water dish in a dark area, is that all i can do?? i have never looked after frogs b4 and don't know if I am doing it right, any info would be very useful...
thanks-a heap

p.s I found it in a hot metal dirty boz that had lots of chains in it.

yeah as long as it has clean fresh water it should be right.
if you had an escape proof small tank you could put it in with some sticks and stuff to jump around on im sure he would appreciate it.
maybe throw some crickets in there too if you have any incase he hasnt eaten for a while.

im not sure where mt isa is and if there are frogs from there, if not id say its someones pet or it has hitched a lift with someone.

ttt
Sorry I just don't know what to do....
Any help,
It really is a beautiful frog, i'd take a photo but i don't want to disturb him/er

thanks for that, the container probably isn't quite bigg enough for sticks and i sort of just caught it should i still do those things anyways???
thanx again

Google the nearest frog hospital, they may be willing to freight it back?

There are plenty of green tree frogs at Mt Isa,I have pics of them mating there in January.

ok i'll let it go 2nite, there is a creek nearby do you think that that would be a safe place to let it go?

most definately. put him in a tree or something too, he will soon find his way.

yep i let it go last night, and i think that the rest was good cuz when i opened the lid he jumped right out hehehe very preety frog

I have seen more green tree frogs in one place in Mt Isa than I have seen in any other place after rain.

I once counted well over 100 adult sized frogs in a 2 kilometre stretch of road.

Hehe I was walking home from the Irish Club to Sunset and counted frogs to pass the time.

Cheers Andrew

haha things u do when ur on a drunk walk glad the frog was happy to go and yes they are very pretty

I had two of the little buggers on my car tonight as I left for work. Got my partner to grab one and when i grabbed the other he started jumping up my arm towards my face! I only had one hand free... Luckily my partner was there to save me from him landing on my face. They are beautiful little creatures. Good on ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back