Trophy hunters invited to shoot crocs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 15-Apr-09 01:36 PM
Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au

TROPHY hunters will be allowed to pay to shoot saltwater crocodiles, which will not be subject to a cull, under a plan to control their numbers in the Northern Territory.

Read More...

The meat and skins(or anything useable), should be sold as pet food and other things. With all profits going towards programs for relocation, public education and research.

Generally speaking, I think the NT government and the people that live there have a good healthy and smart attitude towards wildlife. Good to see the crocs are getting back to the numbers they were at before we hunted them to buggery . Shame there are alot of toss bags out there that play on crocs dinner plates at feeding time.

Shame there are alot of toss bags out there that play on crocs dinner plates at feeding time.

Provided it doesnt result in redneck style legislation its nothing but something to laugh about, evolution is a wonderful thing. I think croc warning sigins should read "crocs live here, feel free to jump in and feed them".

What do you mean pet food!

Croc is really tasty! And worth alot more for the community than pet food.

I think they should set a yearly number that can be shot by hunters (to be revised yearly) with an appropriate trophy fee paid to the local community, this should represent the $/kg value of the meat ontop of the finished leather value of the skin and any other trophys, anything the hunter doesn't want should be given to the community from which it was shot, (community, research, etc as long as somone uses the $ appropriately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back