Disgruntled Buyer ........ Very Poor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post up the results of everyones probing efforts,both left and right pockets.

Well, ones a vet :) And if you have 2 people both agreeing on the same sex, well it would be unlikely if they both got it wrong.

One was a vet nurse , not a vet .....Whos to say this vet nurse has ever probed a snake before? Being a vet nurse does not make you an experienced reptile sexer .it makes you able to assist a vet .

I agree it may be unlikely , but you never know ...

I think you need to judge each case on its individual merits... and it depends heavily upon the wording of the advertisement, and what has been agreed upon between the buyer/seller.

I had an instance where I queried a seller as to whether he would offer any guarantee on the pair...
He wrote back to me 'Guarantee? What did you have in mind?'

Clearly there are some people out there who haven't even given guaranteeing sex a single thought...

I think in this case, the age of the pythons, coupled with the fact that he clearly has a female on hand he could swap, means that he is a very questionable seller indeed. He should be ashamed, and it's actions like this that make it hard for small breeders to sell their stock, because people feel they can't trust someone who doesn't have a huge name to protect... :x

it doesn't matter if they were sexed wrong or not, the problem is the guy promised 2F and 1M, what he sent was wrong and he refuses to even think about rectifying the problem and offers to SELL another female to the guy instead of an exchange, which is the right thing to do.

that is bad form plain and simple. if it was an honest mistake on his part in getting it sexed then be an honest seller and offer a refund or exchange. asking you to purchase ANOTHER ''FEMALE'' is just so cheeky!

i had this happen with my 2 hatchling diamonds. i purchased them from a reputable breeder as a m f pair. they turned out to be 2 males :( it was about a year after purchase that i found out so i didnt pursue the matter..... but 2 days?!?!?!?

name and shame! take it up with fair trading etc. you are well within your rights to demand a refund. it NOT your problem, sellers mistake so seller should resolve it. simple as that.

it doesn't matter if they were sexed wrong or not, the problem is the guy promised 2F and 1M, what he sent was wrong and he refuses to even think about rectifying the problem and offers to SELL another female to the guy instead of an exchange, which is the right thing to do.

It does matter , that's the whole point ...

As he has another female he is willing to sell why wouldn't he be obligated to swap the male for the female as he advertised 1 male and 2 females. The way I see it he has confused his snakes at the time of pick up and given the wrong snakes.
You should take him to fair trading with all corrospondence to prove that he has actually got a female still for sale and get him/her for false advertising.

This is 100% correct and by law he MUST swap or refund the snake in question.
Small claims court can sort this out, as can fair trading.

It does matter , that's the whole point ...

As pointed out by others, it doesnt matter whether or not they were correctly sexed by the seller. What matters is what the seller advertised and sold them as. If they were sold as a male and two females, then turn out to actually be a female and two males, that is misrepresentation and the seller should be offering a refund or replacement.

It doesnt matter if its an honest mistake, or someone trying to be sly, the law is quite clear on this type of issue and it will be resolved very quickly in court.

As pointed out by others, it doesnt matter whether or not they were correctly sexed by the seller. What matters is what the seller advertised and sold them as. If they were sold as a male and two females, then turn out to actually be a female and two males, that is misrepresentation and the seller should be offering a refund or replacement.

It doesnt matter if its an honest mistake, or someone trying to be sly, the law is quite clear on this type of issue and it will be resolved very quickly in court.

Ok, but it DOES matter if they were incorrectly sexed by the other parties involved , where is the proof they were sexed correctly by these people , wheres the proof they were even sexed by them at all ?

Ok, but it DOES matter if they were incorrectly sexed by the other parties involved , where is the proof they were sexed correctly by these people , wheres the proof they were even sexed by them at all ?

Aah - I completely misunderstood what you were talking about, sorry.

Yes, you are right. And I believe it is well within the sellers right to require the animals be sexed by a qualified herp vet before making any offers of refunds, etc, however if the vet confirms the sexing to be 2 males and one female, then the seller would be required to reimburse the fee of getting them professionally sexed as well as making amends for the problem.

On the *****ide, if the vet confirms that the animals are in fact exactly what the seller claimed them to be, then the buyer would simply have to eat the cost of getting them professionally sexed.

Wierd - It seems "f l i p s" is picked up as a Bad Word by the forum.

Yes, you are right. And I believe it is well within the sellers right to require the animals be sexed by a qualified herp vet before making any offers of refunds, etc, however if the vet confirms the sexing to be 2 males and one female, then the seller would be required to reimburse the fee of getting them professionally sexed as well as making amends for the problem.

On the *****ide, if the vet confirms that the animals are in fact exactly what the seller claimed them to be, then the buyer would simply have to eat the cost of getting them professionally sexed.

Sounds reasonable to me ;)

100%, but the seller is only prepared to sell him another female and if he has sexed them all himself who is to say that he has another female it could also be another male.

imo he should be paying for u having to get them sexed now and giving u a refund or swap a male for another female

its pretty rediculous that they offered to sell u a female after all of that but no refund.

NAME AND SHAME! We wont to know who this seller is so that we know not to buy from him/er.... c'mon, you know you want to :p

no matter how much of a jerk this person has been, its against the rules for the thread maker to name this person

so at the end of the day we dont want him getting introuble after he has been ripped off dont encourage him to name the guy coz he will just get introuble unfortunatly

however... i do belive its perfectly ok to discuss the persons username etc via pm :)

like Ad said, hatchlings can be tricky sometimes, should be no mistakes with yearlings and older animals though. if it was myself, I'd just fix the problem, would'nt you ? surely the sale wasn't worth the trouble and a bad reputation ???

100%, but the seller is only prepared to sell him another female and if he has sexed them all himself who is to say that he has another female it could also be another male.

True, which is why Toad has every right to request that a vet checks the sex of the animal before making any purchases and the seller has every right to refuse to sell to him if they dont want to oblige him, or if they cant come to an agreement regarding the cost of sexing the animals with Toad :)

Either way, its against the law to misrepresent what you are selling (whether knowingly or not) and pretty much the only reasons the seller will be trying this sort of garbage on will be either they dont know their obligations under the law, or they are expecting Toad doesnt know his rights (oh, and that they are having trouble selling their animals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back