breeding bredli info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
hey guys

i have a yearling bredli, and i am getting a female very soon.

they will live in his 2ft tank for only a month and gett feed away from each other.

im setting up a bigg 8ft tank, with a divvider at 4 ft so i can take out when i dont wont them breeding, or to feed ect.

how meany eggs can a bredli have max?
iv been told i can breed them after 2 years? if feed well?
can any one hit me up with some career shets on breeding them?

and does any one know how to make a incubator?
DSCN1665.jpg

yeah hes only a yrealing, i wonna bring the pair up together

It might seem easy enough to separate them at feeding time now, but i can assure you that when they hit 6ft it's not simply a case of taking one out, feeding them, then putting them back together. Keep them separate all the time, trust me...

As for breeding, keep them heated 24/7 from October til May. From May provide heat only during the day (basking spot of 33-35 degrees), introduce them mid to late August and that's all there is to it.

Incubator... get an insulated box, put a heat cord in it, attach the heat cord to a thermostat, Bob's your uncle.

You can try breeding them at 2.5 years but you'd have to feed them a lot, and very often, from now until then. You'll have better luck breeding them at 3.5 years.

Bredli can have over 40 eggs, but 18-25 is more common.

ohkay, ill most proble try feed him up, what do you sugest for feeding ect? how meany days apart?

why do you say there hard to menover?

And again, what about your quarantine? You need to keep snakes separate a minimum of six- 12 months (completely separate- as in, opposite ends of the house separate), or risk killing not one, but both of your snakes.

You'll probably get lucky, and neither of your snakes will have anything. But, if you're lax now, just think of what COULD happen when you have a bigger collection, and ALL of them are at risk from failing to quarantine your snakes properly? It's a very serious matter.

good points

i think all the points made above are excellent and need to be taken notice of...remember bredli get up to 2.4 meters or 8ft. In the old scale and 6-8 kgs fully grown i have to say it doesn,t sound like you have done a lot of homework on this species plus the fact they are arborial [climbers]....cheers solar 17 [baden]...ps up to 40 plus eggs..

also there is no point as you say "feeding them up" to get them to breed, your better of taking your time and reaping the rewards from a nice healthy snake a year or so later.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back