poison pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monolith

Reaction score
my jungle python fluffy bit my friend, and it got relly infected. hes fine now, but does anyone no why this might of happend?
the obvios resons, infected, allegergic reaction, maybe like komodo, the mouth has so much bacteria its poison

Sometimes tiny teeth can break off, and if they lodge in the skin without being removed, the wound can become infected.

In addition to the possibility of teeth breaking off and the wound not being kept clean, it's possible that your friend's body didn't handle the digestive enzymes in the snake's saliva too well. It's not dangerous. Just keep the wound clean and your friend should be fine.

my jungle python fluffy bit my friend, and it got relly infected. hes fine now, but does anyone no why this might of happend?
the obvios resons, infected, allegergic reaction, maybe like komodo, the mouth has so much bacteria its poison

As mentioned its likely to be bacteria and also likely to be some teeth left behind. After a few days you can just pop them out by squeezing.

Komodo dragons are actually venomous and also have bacteria(just like every animal).

im pretty sure komodo dragons aren't venomous...its just bacteria in their saliva.....i could be wrong but...

My father is a paramedic and has attended a job where a coastal bit a young fella, he had a bad reaction to the enzymes and was hospitalised.

im pretty sure komodo dragons aren't venomous...its just bacteria in their saliva.....i could be wrong but...

Yeah it was only discovered a few years ago(2005?), most if not all monitors are venomous. Pythons however have no venom.

check out www.venomdoc.com for more info.

My father is a paramedic and has attended a job where a coastal bit a young fella, he had a bad reaction to the enzymes and was hospitalised.

Wow never heard of anything like that, what sort of symptoms did they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back