IPhone Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adbacus

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to create a network between my laptop and my IPhone, so I can access the web through the IPhone to do a software update.

I have been able to create the network but can't access the web through the Safari Web Browser on the phone.

Does the laptop have inbuilt wireless?

Yup. I'm on Wireless Broadband and there's no wi-fi where I am. I just want to connect my phone to the internet by creating a wireless Lan connection to my computer.

I just use my wireless router.... not sure how to do it through laptop

I haven't tried it (as I wasn't needing to) but I read the instructions and it looks like it should work! Points for MrBredli! :D

Damn I was hoping the thread was going to be about how to change a song to a ringtone on i-phone

Okay here we go:
Making ringtones for Iphones
open up itunes and find the song that you want to be your ringtone.
Right click the song and click "Get Info"
A box pops up. Click "Get options" (third heading along the top)
Now, ringtones can only be a max of 30seconds long.
Check the boxes marked "Start time" and "Stop time" and then set the times in there so it is only 30seconds long (you will have to play around until you find a section of the song that you want as your ringtone).
Once done, click OK
Then right click the song again, and click "Create ACC version"
Itunes will then create a brand new file for the new 30second song.
Once this is done, click and hold the new song, and drag it onto the desktop. I would advise putting this file into a folder called "Itunes Ringtones" or something like that.. Go back to itunes and delete the 30second file on itunes, selecting "move to recycle bin".
Now go back to the file on the desktop. Itunes ringtones must be in mp4 format. Right click the file and click rename. and change the .mp3 to .mp4 and click ok. It might bring up some prompts asking if you want to continue, just click yes.
Now double click the file to open it, and bam! Where does it open in itunes? The ringtones section... Sync your iphone and there you go...

Tried - It connects to comp but no internet. Thanks. Hopefully someone can help.

Once you have the adhoc network created, try this.

Open Network Connections on the host computer. (Click Start, click Control Panel, click Switch to classic view, and then click Network Connections.

Click the connection to be shared, and under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.

On the Advanced tab, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.

If that still doesnt work, make sure you are using DHCP and not assigning IP addresses manually.

Just create an ad-hoc wireless network on the PC, then enable Internet Connection Sharing (effectively turning the PC into an Internet gateway), then connect the iPhone to that ad-hoc network.

Just create an ad-hoc wireless network on the PC, then enable Internet Connection Sharing (effectively turning the PC into an Internet gateway), then connect the iPhone to that ad-hoc network.

I've attempted to do that. I can connect to the laptop, but it won't let me get into the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back