New enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

candycaine

Reaction score
Hi there I have just finished this enclosure taking 3 months to complete, and $900 later I am finished.

its a pine enclosure. 1800Hx560Lx470W Whole
850Hx560Lx470W Individual's

fully wired, water proofed.

let me know what you think

cheers

Attachments

• DSCF4294.JPG
    DSCF4294.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Looks great but for $900 imo i could make half a dozen for that.....

I am in Darwin everything costs a fortune to buy here we don't get the pleasure of bargain prices up here, and all my materials are from bunnings even.

even buying reptile product's cost 10 x more then everywhere else so once you buy online and after adding frieght costs its still costing you heeps.

the top one has my male Cape York Coastal - stripe and bottom one has my B&W Striped Cape York Jungle male.

Looks great But I would move the water bowl on the top enclosure as the heat lamp from the bottom will heat it up outher wise very nice

Lewy

imo, with the amount you spent, and the size of your snakes you should have built something bigger. they look too small for such a big snake in my opinion.

Looks great! Dont get me wrong here but wouldnt it have been easier to just convert a old cuboard or something! Dont worry i know much things cost up there! Bosses daughter lives up in darwin and he tells us all the time how much things cost!

wow thats expensive. im in the finishing stages of making an enclosure for my ewd. its 1915H X 1700L and 750 deep. sliding glass. cupboard on the bottom, enclosure size itself is 1000 x 1700 x 750. all varnished pine paneling. total cost is $400. that is bloody expensive.

imo, with the amount you spent, and the size of your snakes you should have built something bigger. they look too small for such a big snake in my opinion.

that snake is actually only going to be in there for a week he's getting his other one fixed and complete so the 2 snakes that will be kept in there are between 1 year and 2 years old and being jungles they won't grow large. I should of stated that above but forgot to mention it. thanx for your concern though but its only temp.

Looks great! Dont get me wrong here but wouldnt it have been easier to just convert a old cuboard or something!

thats what I always do I just wanted to put my skills to the test in building one from scratch. it will also help with my enclosure business when time comes to starting it up properly.

I want to replace all my second hand enclosures basicly build from second hand material and bases for own designed and from scratch so they look so much better.

I don't see a probablem with paying that much exspecially when its going to house 2 snakes worth $700 - 900 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back