IPhone Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have the adhoc network created, try this.

Open Network Connections on the host computer. (Click Start, click Control Panel, click Switch to classic view, and then click Network Connections.

Click the connection to be shared, and under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.

On the Advanced tab, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.

If that still doesnt work, make sure you are using DHCP and not assigning IP addresses manually.

How do I set the DHCP on the laptop cos when I check the properties it says the connection is not DHCP allowed despite the settings on the IPhone set up for DHCP

Would it have anything to do with my firewall even though I have set it to medium?

im not sure man....
umm try going back to network connections, right click the adhoc network and go to properties, then go into the TCP/IP properties and select obtain address automatically.
Have you tried assigning IP's and seeing if it works? Maybe just disable ya firewall for a while to see if it effecting it...
Good luck.

Edit: I really dont know hey lol
you can check this, to make sure your setting it up correctly http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx
Other then that, maybe just buy a wireless router? :p

Last edited:
Maybe its Vista. Tried to do all of what you guys have said, it connects, it just won't connect to internet. I'm in a situation where wireless router isnt practicable as I travel a bit.

TRied but it wants a USB device. Doesn't look like it'd work this way

Okay here we go:
Making ringtones for Iphones
open up itunes and find the song that you want to be your ringtone.
Right click the song and click "Get Info"
A box pops up. Click "Get options" (third heading along the top)
Now, ringtones can only be a max of 30seconds long.
Check the boxes marked "Start time" and "Stop time" and then set the times in there so it is only 30seconds long (you will have to play around until you find a section of the song that you want as your ringtone).
Once done, click OK
Then right click the song again, and click "Create ACC version"
Itunes will then create a brand new file for the new 30second song.
Once this is done, click and hold the new song, and drag it onto the desktop. I would advise putting this file into a folder called "Itunes Ringtones" or something like that.. Go back to itunes and delete the 30second file on itunes, selecting "move to recycle bin".
Now go back to the file on the desktop. Itunes ringtones must be in mp4 format. Right click the file and click rename. and change the .mp3 to .mp4 and click ok. It might bring up some prompts asking if you want to continue, just click yes.
Now double click the file to open it, and bam! Where does it open in itunes? The ringtones section... Sync your iphone and there you go...

or you can download a program called "iringer" thats what i use and it auto imports them as ringtones into your itunes etc.
great program.
cheers

im not sure man....
umm try going back to network connections, right click the adhoc network and go to properties, then go into the TCP/IP properties and select obtain address automatically.
Have you tried assigning IP's and seeing if it works? Maybe just disable ya firewall for a while to see if it effecting it...
Good luck.

Edit: I really dont know hey lol
you can check this, to make sure your setting it up correctly http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx
Other then that, maybe just buy a wireless router? :p

Tried all of them, but to no avail. Thanx for all the help, but i may just havta give up

Ohhh one more thing!
Go to network connections, highlight both your internet connection and your adhoc connection, then right click and select bridge connections. Then connect your iphone to the adhoc.
Hope it works, good luck.

success!!!!!!!! - i didn't set the IP addresses correctly, bugger me if i havta redo it

Thanx evry1 for all ur assistance

Haha oldbeard I can help you to do that

Sorry about hijacking the thread before with my ringtone question. But thanks so much for your help...my son had to work out how to change file from m4a to m4r and then your step by step worked...I HAVE RINGTONES !!!!

Sorry i couldnt help with the laptop question...i go down and have coffee at our local coffeeshop and tap into there wi-fi...same as mcdonalds idea ...:D

get the iphone to talk to the wi-fi modem directly. Don't use the laptop. Go to settings.. makes sure wi-fi is on.. then find the wi-fi.. NOW it is can't see the wi-fi.. go to the computer (Forget the phone atm) and go to the modem settings.... look for add a device as you have securty on..
I will see if I can get the husband to explain it better..... HAng in there...

oopps you have solved it... I was on the wrong page :)......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back