Turtle Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a few problems with her turtle, and as I dont know a thing about them, thought Id ask for her on here.
This is what she said.

"He hasn't eaten in weeks and his shell is going yellow in places. So i took him out and he stayed out last night but it hasn't helped and as soon as i put in some turtle food he eats it like the second it touches the water, so he is hungry but he wont eat the fish."

The not eating fish doesn't sound like much to me, but this yellow on his shell?

Thanks for any help

Tell her to put a calcium block in the water & make sure he has a basking area. He needs a 10+ UV light too. Give him bloodworms as well as the fish and aquatic plants. Avoid the frozen turtle block as they contain red meat, which is known to cause renal failure. Eastern Snake Neck is a member here so maybe PM him. He is a wealth of knowledge about turtles! And check out this site....
http://www.australianfreshwaterturtles.com.au/index.php?

The yellow shell is unshed scutes. It would be best to give it some natural sunlight for 30mins every couple of days a few times a day. The scutes will start to come away after a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back