Big Plastic Pit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Those who went to the Mac Herps Expo, remember the big round pit that had the lacy in? I would like to know where to get one of them. I need a "time-out centre" for my injured turtles so they can enjoy some sunshine and thought this sounds like the perfect thing to have.

I have two turtles in my care at the moment - both have broken shells. Have them dry docked, giving them a swim in a tub once or twice a week but it looks very boring for wild turtles and would like to set up something nicer and where they can get some natural sunlight.

One of those plastic kids sand pits would be ok Kathy,they come in all sorts of shapes etc...

I never thought of a sandpit, thanks Mark :) Should have a look at a few - I'd prefer something bigger than those shell shaped ones from Big W

Kathy take a look at cattle feeding containers ....try a wholesale for farm produce and stuff..

thanks guys :) That is what I was after but not sure I can afford $800 at the moment. Will work on it, though. :D

At bunnings you can get 250l tubs, they are about $50 to 60 each.

Your local agi supplies will have water troughs for livestock

http://www.reln.com.au/water-tubs-p-11.html

You should be able to get a plain 1000L round trough for around $400, I just got a 1200L trough with a float and valve for $600

They make good Lizard pits too

Per

If you contact polyurethane tank manufacture, you can occasionally get cheap "seconds"
Like perfectly good poly water tanks that have an inverted top.. which is easily removed
with a jigsaw.. this is the cheapest way that i know, to obtain a large tub style pit..also
very portable, easily fits on the back of a ute, good for renting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back