Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my snakes Love their chicken,currently i have 5 out of 9 that will eat chicken.Heres one of my big girls eating a chicken drumstick,then my male Darwin python eating a chicken neck,happy face after he ate it....

Last edited:
I have done before, drumsticks mainly. The fat and skin should be removed.
I was told it can severly increase salmonela issues. Every now and then shouldnt be to much of a problem.
I recently saw a blackhead eating a prawn!

Cheers.

My Darwins love their chicken necks. I tend to alternate with whole animals. Sdaji is trying some of his snakes on only chicken. You can look up the old thread. He's seeing if he can raise and breed them. It will be very interesting to hear his results in a year or two.

My olives don't mind a bit of chicken. One of my carpets has had them but he struggled a bit, with it so I haven't given him anymore.

Attachments

• 029 (2).jpg
    029 (2).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 114
cool i will have to try it with some of mine,what about beef has any one tryed that with there snakes as i get heaps of realy cheap meat from work and if i could use that with some of my larger pythons it would work out a lot cheaper than rats.

We give our BHP chicken necks from time to time. Is happy to eat, reguardless of what is being offered.

mine are fussy. they wont even give them a second look. all they want is rat
Some of mine were like that,rub the rat over the chicken neck,drumstick and see how that goes,one of mine was not interested at all,til i rubbed the rat all over it,once it got the rat scent,No problems at all....

Hi Jordan,
The only down side of feeding chicken to BHPs is the mess about 6 to 10 days later.
For some reason, it gives them the squirts.
With the peg board backing in his enclosure, cleaning may be interesting for ya ;).

Its a little over exposed but I realy like this pic.

Attachments

• BHP Alexis Feeding.jpg
    BHP Alexis Feeding.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi Jordan,
The only down side of feeding chicken to BHPs is the mess about 6 to 10 days later.
For some reason, it gives them the squirts.
With the peg board backing in his enclosure, cleaning may be interesting for ya ;).

Its a little over exposed but I realy like this pic.
haha yeh good old cleaning;)
nah should be right

i've never tried chicken necks, I know my olive would like them, well I think she would. she only eats chickens LOL!

The feeding pics are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back