feeding adult beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dano85

Reaction score
hi i have two adult beardies and im just wondering how many box's of cricket's they need a week?
they eat loads of salad and a couple of box's each a week im just curious how much others feed them

I have two large adult beardies, and i was feeding them 2 tubs of crickets OR woodies every week, plus loads of salads... moving to groote eylandt meant they were going to be hard to get, so i rand brain at the herp shop and found out my beardies were actually obese.... so now they are dieting!! 5 to ten mealies a week with daily acess to dry pellets and mixed vege from the freezer and so far , they seem fine, no massive weight loss, although i did manage to get them a big feed of grass hoppers this week.

Yep, the go is about 35-40 live feeders/wk once they're fully grown, be it woodies, crickets, mealies or a mixture. Adult's diet should consist of 20% feeders & 80% greens. The beardies themselves might disagree with this:lol:, but if yours are eating heaps of veg, they certainly shouldn't need so many crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back