Introduced animal species

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloughlin2

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any introduced animal species other then the usually (fox, rabbit, hare and feral pig etc) I mean I've heard that there are some deer and buffalo populations in Australia!. If you have seen anything crazy or weird please also let me know where - so i can check them out. Its crazy to think that we also are supposed to have small populations of hedgehogs!

There are well established, and abundant populations of samba dear in the vic High country. They are originaly from India or South Africa I think.

Check out the vids on youtube of the black cats (panthers) seen in the blue mountains, my brother in law swears that he saw one just north of melbourne aswell.

Yeah, I have a good friend who has lived for years in my area, and swears he saw a Big cat up here. I havn't seen any though...

Hedgehogs??! That would be awesomeness, untill it starts eating native things, but still be cool to see one of those up close

when i was out in central Auz i saw some wild cammels and horses. i also saw a cammel that had been hit by a car :shock::shock:!!! i cant imagine how the car would have come out coz the cammel had hardly a scratch on it :shock:!

I live just out of Ipswich in qld on 15 acres however quite residential. Last year we had a male Fallow Deer trying his luck with my 3 dexter steers. There are a few herds around the area but apparently this fellow has been harrassing local cattle for a few years now. He was shot by the council last year after chasing my cows down the street into neighbouring suburb.:rolleyes:

we have red deer fallow deer hog deer and sambar deer. we also have goats, pigs and hares. and a huge amount of introduced birds, bugs and reptiles. as well as trout, carp, red fin, salmon, mosquito fish gold fish and koi. thats a short list of animals ive seen

deer, camels, water buffalo, and a few yowies!

Sparrows and starlings. I hate them!!!
Rats love them tho....

I watched a documentary that suggests that dingos were imported from Thailand many years ago ,as their dna is the same as wild thai dogs that roam free in towns and citys in Thailand.

dingos are not so much introduce as they wandered over befor the continets fully seperated they were not brought here by man and there fore are not introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back