Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, not trying to insinuate anything Mark just stating facts. Youve recived animals of me and all are fine, and have helped maintain a few animals, that is a form of affiliation. There was no offence intended at all, i truely cant see why you have your knickers in a twist.

Like i said before, proof has to be irrefutable before any names are named. Too many innocent people have their reputations muddied on unsubstaniated rumour and gossip.

Hey heres a scary thought for everyone.

What happens if there is a stall setup at the reptile expo thats riddled with OPMV etc.?
Bom bom Booommm!
QUOTE]

Ah, no need for me to wear a name tag at the expo, I'll be the one in the Space Suit and I'll burn it in the carpark as I leave.

Like i said before, proof has to be irrefutable before any names are named. Too many innocent people have their reputations muddied on unsubstaniated rumour and gossip.

Didnt you receive a stimmy of iceman which died shorty thereafter?

Oh I see you dont want to be associated with OPMV either ... but it was so nice of you to publicly announce it. So I expect you'll be in lockdown too?

Last edited:
Ethic's - Policy - Procedures - Code of conduct

For years now i have been meaning to complete ( in writing ) a procedure for this and a policy for that on what measures i take day to day according to my own ethical behaviour and what is good practice.

I'm sure that the majority will agree with me here, it is Overdue for us ALL to have input into this and form some regulations and guidelines as to what we as Keepers and Breeders expect and will tolerate and accept.(for the animals welfare, and our financial protection)

This issue of new found viruses is certainly a major issue of concern for all in the hobby, that will definately become a larger problem, so let's all get together and put forward idea's to promote the long term survival of our captive and native reptile's by having a national set of regulations and policies in place that we as keepers and breeders will happily abide by to ensure EVERYONE's acting within an acceptable code of conduct.

I know it's just word's and it will be extremely difficult to set up and to regulate, but with time and effort the majority of us could benefit from something along these lines.

What do you guy's think??????????? Something like this is achievable, or am i dreaming???

Mick

This is nearly as bad as the new Bikie laws lol no more affiliations etc we are all closet herpers

go back and read my post again. Rob has got nothing to do with my collection at all other than me getting a trio of Stimmies & 5 Childreni off him over 2 years ago. I am not trying to hide anything, but i have had no affiliation with Robs collection for over 2 years & Dave i have spoken to twice ....................

we are all closet herpers................ i think not, speak for your self gozz - trying to earn a few brownie points eh ? LOL ;)

Hey heres a scary thought for everyone.

What happens if there is a stall setup at the reptile expo thats riddled with OPMV etc.?
Bom bom Booommm!

I bought a spotted today from a big breeder out this way, and i touched a few snakes in his collection, if i was some kind of sicko i could have introduced anything into his vast collection. Mind you i would never!

Theres no such thing as inpenetrable quarrantine.

That is so very true. You just don't know where it is going to come from. If you did, you would have stopped it before it got into your collection.

These ppl wanting to name and discredit other ppl, think about this point. How many animals are entered in Expo's - for show or sale. How many animals are kept in pet shops, you go in there to look at them and don't think twice about what you could be taking home. Just remember not a lot is known about OPMV. We know it is contagious but is it airborne, or does it have to have direct contact with another reptile to be passed on. It is known that direct contact is a cause for spread, but nobody has proven that it isn't airborne. Why isn't there a vaccine or a cure? How did it sneak up on these ppl in question here? It had to come from somewhere. The answer is never going to be obvious or nobody would find themselves in this situation.

I understand the word OPMV brings about panic and alarm. I would be devestated to lose my collection. But naming and blaming isn't going to help anybody. It is obvious they aren't trying to hide the possibility of a problem, they aren't continuing trading so why keep trying point fingers and make them feel worse then they already do. They haven't committed a crime, they have received news of possible extreme bad luck to their beautiful collections. Remember these ppl don't want t lose their animals any more than you are frightened of it coming to you.

Didnt you receive a stimmy of iceman which died shorty thereafter?

Oh I see you dont want to be associated with OPMV either ... but it was so nice of you to publicly announce it. So I expect you'll be in lockdown too?

And how many others ?

Codered. Mate i wouldn't know you from a bar of soap. By your comments looks like i wouldn't want to.
Firstly i didn't publicly announce it on this forum. It was announced by someone else. Mate i haven't ducked this issue. Never stated that i would duck this issue.

Facts should be straight in your own head before your fingers hit the keys.

Mark,-
So how does this have anything to do with my collection.?

Keep it civil guys.

A few of you are getting close to the mark, we would hate to have to close the thread.

Thanks Neil

I was chatting to a mate today about all this and I commented that I hate this hobby almost as much as I love it but the gap is closing rapidly.

hang on a second Rob, your the one who has implied that i still have something to do with your collection... not for over 2 years buddy, check through your books. people have been asking if i have anything to do with yours or dave's breeding group ? i never have, have I ? I don't see why you would have even bothered saying anything unless you have something going on, do you ?

well said Boa, some people take the gloss right off it with their jelousy and innuendos, why bother ? what's the gain ? another ego feed ? LOL

Yeah Boa, gotta hate the rumour mongering, griping, backstabbing and nasty insinuations some get into.

hang on a second Rob, your the one who has implied that i still have something to do with your collection... not for over 2 years buddy, check through your books. people have been asking if i have anything to do with yours or dave's breeding group ? i never have, have I ? I don't see why you would have even bothered saying anything unless you have something going on, do you ?

Can you and Trueblue please take this offline and use the PM.

Thanks Neil

For years now i have been meaning to complete ( in writing ) a procedure for this and a policy for that on what measures i take day to day according to my own ethical behaviour and what is good practice.

I'm sure that the majority will agree with me here, it is Overdue for us ALL to have input into this and form some regulations and guidelines as to what we as Keepers and Breeders expect and will tolerate and accept.(for the animals welfare, and our financial protection)

This issue of new found viruses is certainly a major issue of concern for all in the hobby, that will definately become a larger problem, so let's all get together and put forward idea's to promote the long term survival of our captive and native reptile's by having a national set of regulations and policies in place that we as keepers and breeders will happily abide by to ensure EVERYONE's acting within an acceptable code of conduct.

I know it's just word's and it will be extremely difficult to set up and to regulate, but with time and effort the majority of us could benefit from something along these lines.

What do you guy's think??????????? Something like this is achievable, or am i dreaming???

Mick

Obviously this is a very touchy subject but i think we can all agree it needs to be discussed. I for one agree with redcenter. Maybe if there isn't a standard protocol and expectation for this kind of thing its about time there was one? It seems that its very hard to get a 100% confirmation on these things but what does consistent mean? should we expect people to act on consistent?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back