Any concreters here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If anyone in Sydney is a concreter, and interested in giving me a quote for replacing some grass with gods best invention, concrete, please PM me. Its about 35 sq m and will be driven on.

just having a guess its about 30 bucks a square concrete slab metre, about 15cm high so maybe you will need a bit extra. im guessing about 800 dollars to a grand

lol australia are u a concreter?

id love a price that cheap, i deal with a few contractors and if they charged that thed be broke.
are u wanting it excavated?
any stencil stamped plain?
how soon u want it done?

well thats if you do it yourself lol! i dont know how much they charge these days something like 20 dollars a meter i think thats not including cemente costs.

mate dont guess
form the last quote i had given to me i think it was 94 a square meter

and the price of steel has gone up again scince then too

so falconboy pm me for a few numbers if u want

well thats if you do it yourself lol! i dont know how much they charge these days something like 20 dollars a meter i think thats not including cemente costs.

Haha if it was that cheap Id have everything concreted lol, I reckon your looking at around 5-6 grand at least.

5g all talking **** guys.. 20 sq M cost around 1500 max so im thinking 3000 tops mate. grass is minimal excavation. drive way slabs 100mm.. im a landscaper mate. not sure of concrete cost NSW could be a little more than here in s.a.

if it was me id pave it. half the cost

No way I'd spend 5k, I'd want it gold plated for that. Even 3k is ridiculous. May have to excavate a lot of it myself. I'd spend $1500 if I had to but for plain concrete anything more is just silly. I'll have to measure more accurately, its curved on one side so I may be a fair way off too. Will return tomorrow for an update on measurements and maybe a photo or 2.

$200 a cubic meter
35sqm x 0.1 = 3.5 cub's x $200 = $700 bucks for the concrete.
say 3 pieces of F72 mesh = $300 bucks
total $1000 bucks
labour - remove grass and form up - 1 day
- poor concrete and finsh - 1 day
say $1500
Total about $2500 approx.

Why the frig is concreting so expensive? I think I might look at other options.

labour...... pouring the concrete is only a 3rd of the work, formwork and especially making sure everything is level is another third and the finishing such edging and removing the formwork is the last third. and unfortunatly nobody could give you a quote to within the grand as they would need to see access (mini agitator, pumpline, wheelbarrow, buckets) also i dont know how anyone can conclude grass is minimal excavation. ripping up and removing 20sq meters worth of bufflo would require half a day in a skid steer (unload, setup, excavate, remove, clean up) or a crew of three the same amount of time if no access.

all you can do is call up and get some free quotes from locals differences will amaze you thousands of dollars and some will require a day or two extra just for a small slab like yours as they will squeze it between some other small jobs and do a day of formwork then a day of pour.

ive been a concrete labourer for about 4 years now on-off.

$200 a cubic meter
35sqm x 0.1 = 3.5 cub's x $200 = $700 bucks for the concrete.
say 3 pieces of F72 mesh = $300 bucks
total $1000 bucks
labour - remove grass and form up - 1 day
- poor concrete and finsh - 1 day
say $1500
Total about $2500 approx.

ide say thats a very good quote. i work for hanson concrete in the call center so the price on the concrete sounds very close.

may be expensive for concrete but its there for life.

paving why u have to do u slab under it any way for a driveway, so u have the price for conc anyway.

liek dan said u are best to get a few quotes from people and then make ur decision, but make sure they steel it properly may dont and thats how and where u get cracks

I wasn't thinking paving, I was more wondering about digging the grass, compacting the ground hard and using pebbles or similar. However we grow weeds so easily I'd be concerned about an eventual weed problem. I also need to manually push a boat trailer onto that area so not sure if it will be too hard with pebbles.

Last edited:
but make sure they steel it properly may dont and thats how and where u get cracks

Theres way more to cracks than some missing reo, ive poured pod and conventional slabs here and overseas that i know are up to scratch (most inspected by an engineer),naturally some still ended-up cracking... nothing to do with reo.

I also need to manually push a boat trailer onto that area so not sure if it will be too hard with pebbles.

I only have to push a mower across our pebble foot path and its a ***** of a task...not to mention the one time when i left the mower running...:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back