Nephrurus amyae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I am thinking of purchasing some N. amyae.. I have never kept geckoes before and so would love to hear of your experiences with them?

How active are they? How easy to see? Are they completely nocturnal?
How much would I expect to pay for them?
How do they handle?
Do they need UV?
How hot should the hot spot be?

They would be going in an enclosure with an area of 65cm by 65cm.. how many could I fit in there?

Ideally, I would like them to be visible.. if you keep N. amyae and never ever see them, please let me know and I will think of another pet to go in there..

EDIT: before you say "use search" or "Google them" - I will. I just like to get personal opinions, I find them very useful! Thanks
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

you'd be looking around $500 each for them, very eazy gecko keep an no you dont need UV for them

NIce pair for sale or eoi by Dr.Nick crackers, easy to keep and breed, from $1500 for yrling pair, more for adults. they dont need uv , and do very well in tub racks heated by heat cord from underneath.

Oooohh that is VERY expensive... Bummer.. I don't have that kind of money right now (damn Kevin still hasn't stimulated me).

Any other idea what I can put in a URS enclosure 65cm by 65cm area?

Nephrurus amyae

Hey guys! So, I am thinking of purchasing some N. amyae.. I have never kept geckoes before and so would love to hear of your experiences with them? You will be fascinated by them and love them immediately

How active are they? VeryHow easy to see?Easy Are they completely nocturnal? NO
How much would I expect to pay for them? min 400 each as hatchies, up to 1200 for proven breeding female
How do they handle?most are fine, some don't like it
Do they need UV?no, not that i'm aware of
How hot should the hot spot be?i keep mine at 33

They would be going in an enclosure with an area of 65cm by 65cm.. how many could I fit in there?2 to 3 max, all same sex and introduce the male when breeding

Ideally, I would like them to be visible.. if you keep N. amyae and never ever see them, please let me know and I will think of another pet to go in there..you see them everytime you open the enclosure to feed or spray they come straight out, feed, hunt etc

I know someone who is going to sell some Amyae soon to pay for more heating and lighting, if you are keen, pm me.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back