Woo Hoo im a buisness owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I hope so, It is small so hopefully we can do well enough to look at a bigger place in the next couple of years.

Congrats on the shop, hope it all goes well. I think the only people that should sell herps are those that own them themself. Also, you better have your herps in tip top condition or we will all hear about it. That means not one grain of sand in the tracks or a scat that has been there for more than 5 mins.:lol:

Good luck.

Congrats on the shop, hope it all goes well. I think the only people that should sell herps are those that own them themself. Also, you better have your herps in tip top condition or we will all hear about it. That means not one grain of sand in the tracks or a scat that has been there for more than 5 mins.:lol:

Good luck.

Ha ha ha too true, hopefuly people will let me know first if they find something they think isnt right and atleast give us a chance to explain/fix any issue before bagging us out. I am only human so im sure i will make the odd mistake ;)

Good luck with it.Are you going to stock much herpe stuff. Some things are hard to get around this way like thermostats and i have to buy off internet. I'm at glasshouse so I will come have a look. whats the store's name?

Congrats on the purchase. I worked in a super successful family pet SUPPLIES store for 3 years that grew big enough to open a second store and are now looking at opening a thrid. I got to a point where I was dealing with the reps from diffrent suppliers. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am certainly no master business owner and have no idea how to run one but can give you the heads up on different suppliers from reptile gear though to horse, dog, fish and cat gear.

all the best with your new business :).... but dont expect too much support from the herp community because 90% of them are full of...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it all goes well, I will pop in for sure. I'm a sales rep, so always on the road.:)
We had an aquarium shop a couple of years ago, we found all the smaller suppliers very helpful & reasonable in prices;). Best of luck.
Cheers, James.

ADVERTISEMENT is your biggest need .....like others have said congratulations ...biggest draw back with pet shops especially dealing with reptiles is 99% time the person that owns the shop, knows sweet FA about reps ,and if you have an interested customer that is aware of what they want and you ramble some BS off ..then that customer leaves without a sale going through ,goes home gets on the blower and then informs a few others of the BS ,and it gets spread around quicker then any swine flu pandemic...stay true to what you know ,make a profit ,but be reasonable and best of luck to you both :)

Congratulations on your new venture.

Through our magazine and our other businesses I deal with quite a few different suppliers, so if I can be of any assistance with putting you in touch with the right people, please feel free to either phone me (07) 34961233, or pm, or email me at [email protected].

The reptile community have hopped behind us and supported us when we first started our magazine, so we're more than keen to help other people like yourself just getting started.

Once again, congratulations. Enjoy the journey!

Cheers
Joy

Congrats Snakes4me2, hope all goes well for you both, if you ever need any photography done please do not hesitate to call I would be happy to help you..We are not far away..

Baz :D :D :D

nice one....if i ever head up sunny coast way, will defo check it out... wat u naming ur shop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back