Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the expo was absolutely packed and as a result definitely a success for the organisers. A lot of credit to Anthony Stimson for getting this event once again to be an even bigger and better one than the previous year.;)

Here is a pic of our display that I took before all the crowds came in and the doors opened.
IMG_1640Quicke-mailview.jpg

There were some really cool displays and awesome animals at the show, as anyone that attended would know. Without a doubt the best expo seen to date in Australia, and it seems that every year the animals just keep on getting better and better which is great to see! :D

We had a great time, except for having to spend 5 to 6 hours in the car everyday driving back and forth from the event.

Also, unfortunately we lost several animals to theft during the high traffic times. With just too many people to be able to watch and talk to everyone at the same time. It is sad and very disappointing to find that people can be so low as to steal from breeders that have gone out of their way, having payed the very high cost of breeders booths this year, all to help towards the success of the show and everyone's enjoyment. Just so sad to have an ending to the weekend, realising that several animals had been taken. :(

All over experience was good though, great to meet others and put more faces to names. I can say that we will definitely be there in some way to support the event in the future!

Zac.

Gee thats not much chop Zac, but it's always around.. did they have to go to much effort to get them, or were they just lifted from the table ie; are your containers lockable?

Well the expo was absolutely packed and as a result definitely a success for the organisers. A lot of credit to Anthony Stimson for getting this event once again to be an even bigger and better one than the previous year.;)

Here is a pic of our display that I took before all the crowds came in and the doors opened.

There were some really cool displays and awesome animals at the show, as anyone that attended would know. Without a doubt the best expo seen to date in Australia, and it seems that every year the animals just keep on getting better and better which is great to see! :D

We had a great time, except for having to spend 5 to 6 hours in the car everyday driving back and forth from the event.

Also, unfortunately we lost several animals to theft during the high traffic times. With just too many people to be able to watch and talk to everyone at the same time. It is sad and very disappointing to find that people can be so low as to steal from breeders that have gone out of their way, having payed the very high cost of breeders booths this year, all to help towards the success of the show and everyone's enjoyment. Just so sad to have an ending to the weekend, realising that several animals had been taken. :(

All over experience was good though, great to meet others and put more faces to names. I can say that we will definitely be there in some way to support the event in the future!

Zac.

That is disgusting!!! Very sad that people can do that..
I remember your display but probably didnt look close up as it was very packed in there

Maybe next year you can have someone else there just to keep watch of the snakes while you are busy

That's pretty low, what got taken?
A mate told me that you haggled pretty hard for those display cages..lol. ;) Next year you'll have to add locks.
I'm devastated I did not get there this year due to other commitments, the display looks awesome! Did you sell much?
Really like the look of Ram's store as well, those cylinder displays are funky!!!
Cheers...

Zac.

It has been that weekend previously, but nothing definate I guess... they usually have something solid 6 months out though.... that weekend happens to be Anthony's birthday...what a way to celebrate it eh? organise a bash with 10,000 odd people and work like a demon for weeks before and after sorting it all out.

:O! Really!? I feel bad now for not knowing who he was at the time and only seeing pics of him after.

Zac.

Absolute pigs of people. You work hard for the snakes and that's just not fair.
On another note, nice setup.

Hey guys, Thanks for the compliments... we worked hard to make things look as good as possible.

Scott, Yes those acrylic units are not cheap and although I did try to haggle a bit, they certainly still cost a pretty penny, and I am sure that the supplier still made his money on them.

Yeah pretty shocking really, although there are always all types of people everywhere you go. Got to take the good with the bad I guess.

The acrylic displays were unable to be opened they were securely locked with individual pad locks and not cheap ones either! The problem was we had animals in tubs near the sides and found a lot of people picked the tubs up to check out animals that weren't in the display units. They couldn't touch the animals but could pick the tubs up for a good look which I didn't really mind, except it gets hard to watch them all when you have dozens of people in front of you. Some decided rather than put them back down again they would take them for a walk instead.

We lost a couple of nice animals, I won't go into too much details but they weren't cheapies. We did also manage a few animals on special to go walking with the crowd, but they didn't bother me too much as they were pretty much standard type stock, but that doesn't make it any lesser poor form.

I also believe that Nick took out the prizes on a few different catagories, one of which was second place in the Diamonds which was one of ours from a couple of seasons ago. He must have been happy, as he came and bought another one! ;)

suxs that ppl would stoop so low to steel snakes from u at the expo lets hope thay get bitten by those snakes and dont want to handle them hahahha

i had a great day at the expo on sat only just starting to get into snakes so still abit scared atm hahha but sometime soon i may get a snake

thinking about a bearded dragon really like them :)

Thank YOu so much for those pics. The geckos were mine and I have no fantastic phots of them like that. I am so grateful to you for posting them so I now have some great pics of my own geckos. Thanks

If they were 2 WA Goldfields thick tails, Feathers, they were sold by us at Sonnemann Snakes. We have a very good line of WA Underwoodisaurus we are developing as well as other locales. Imported some a while ago from WA at some expense.
Will have some hatchies for sale at the next Expo everyone.

Sorry to be confusing but I hadn't read all the way through before I got excited at seeing my animals. Mine were the golden tail, the robusta, and the cilliaris on display in the container, as well as the other grey form cilliaris. Thanks again for the photos.

Excellent work, Zac I like the set-up, sorry to hear about them low lifes:DAnymore set-up pics from others??

Joel

The shingleXbluey was cooL!

And an Albino Olive...Hrm...Is it possible to breed to normal olive's and there being the chane of an olive in the pack?

The shingleXbluey was cooL!

And an Albino Olive...Hrm...Is it possible to breed to normal olive's and there being the chane of an olive in the pack?

you need to have one of the olives het for albinism

I would also be interested to know who the breeder is. Was a stunning animal!!

Nick from Nowra ( he was selling animals at the doolittle farm breeder booth) (who brought the croc) is breeding them. He reckons that the one he didn't enter was even whiter but didn't have the straight banding (purely for judging purposes). They are from sandfire parents from memory.

Lol...I'm so noob, I've heard the term 'het' and 'morph' and things like that and aren't even sure of what they mean...I mean...Basic idea but yeah.

And just one pic for now.

Attachments

• IMGP0527.jpg
    IMGP0527.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 99
those scaless Adders are creepy...

Can anyone tell me how they breed out the scales? have the crossed them with something, is it s genetic muttuaion (I have seen pics of half scaleless) or are they completely man made by removing a gene?

You I think your experience of something is tainted by perception or you situation.

2 years ago I went to the expo for the first time, before I had my licence and first snake. I couldn't do anything but look and had only experienced other bigger shows like the motor show. As such I didn't really enjoy myself. I said I wouldn't go to the next because of my experience the previous year. So I didn't go last year.

Now thjat I have obtained my 2nd snake and am setting up for a new enclosure I was ready and willing to spend some cash on accessories. BEcause I was a little more knowledgable about what I was doing and what to expect I enojyed this year's show more. Perhaps it was because the show and setup was better than last time but perhaps because what I was experiencing was more meaningful to me. I had a purpose for being there other than just having an idle look around.

I enjoyed the show immensely wish I was looking for another snake as there were some stunners. I would have like to buy a frog but don't have my amphibian licence yet, maybe by next year.

I swear the show put on by the aborginal was the exact same as last time I was there though.

There seemed to be more people selling stock this time. Didn't see any lizards for sale though, did I miss that? Good to see lots of choice for accessaries as well.

I'll be making sure my wallet is full and expecting to be emptied next year.

To the organisers - great show...thanks.

Just a couple of pics

Attachments

• Reptile expo 2009 023.jpg
    Reptile expo 2009 023.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Reptile expo 2009 024.jpg
    Reptile expo 2009 024.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Reptile expo 2009 019.jpg
    Reptile expo 2009 019.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 57
Status