Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
check out herp traders you can sometimes pick up BHP's for dirt cheap, or go from a breeder you'll get better looking and healthier animal for a good price instead of getting stuff from a petshop thats only in it to make monie. I say most are in it to make monie not all.

I'm sure what ever you choose will be what you want and not what everyone thinks you should get. I think there all great 1st time pets but I'm not worried about getting bitten.

One thing I'd like to point out, snakes are a pet that will live a very long time, over 10 years and into their twenties if they're looked after properly... Consider this when you think about the price... It's worth spending that little bit extra for something really special because you'll have it for a VERY long time :D Good luck! :D

I have both bredli hatchlings and coastal hatchlings, my bredlis have very placid temperaments compared to my two coastals who act like ferrell cats on heat, not that I am going to hold that against them, I only suggest that you research what type of snake you are looking for, at the end of the day you gunna be pleased with the decision you make

I like the hypo Bredlis im serously considering that as my first snake

Thanks for the advice. I can get a small snake cage for 350 with all the needed accessories. Bredlis are from dryer areas...do i worry about height or lenght of my cage? and does anyone know breeders around the ACT monaro area

Mate, my hatchies are in small plastic ontainers, the brand is a Pal Pens "Jumbo". I have a layer of 12mm styrofoam for insulation (bottom of a fruit box from the green grocer), a 13W heatmat up one end, a layer of 3mm MDF (protect the enclosure from the heatmat directly, I've had a hole melt in one before), then the enclosure. The heatmat is running off a Microclimate 100 thermostat, & I use a non contact thermometer to check temps (don't use the increments on the thermostat, use real readings). I then have a hide over the warm end, and another either at the cool end, or half on, half off the heat. Climbing branches are good too, for aboreal pythons.

Here's my set up for two 4 month old Bredlis

Cheers Tonksy i will look into getting the equipment over the weekend and getting it all ready to go. What'd it cost you to set one of them up roughly???

Cheers Tonksy i will look into getting the equipment over the weekend and getting it all ready to go. What'd it cost you to set one of them up roughly???
The thermostat is the dearest part with that set up,they range from $80-$250 for a decnt one,depending if you have the $$$ your better off with a decent one,doesnt have to be the dearest,some decents ones are around $120-$150 mark.

4060%20tank%20copy.jpg

6065tank%20copy.jpg
http://www.goulburnvalleyreptilesupplies.com.au/Products/6065tank copy.jpg

Is One of these a good option for when the hatchie reaches about a metre?
And bredlis are arborial arent they....

i have my jungles in one of them enclosures about 1/2 the size of that one, That one you have would last you quiet awhile ........

Out of the two you narrowed down to everyones right in saying go the bredli... I think people are wrong in saying jungles are snappy though my 1st pythons was a jungle and she has never snapped or bitten...she's a darlin :)

Yeah I got a bredli for my first and currently only snake. She's beautiful and doesn't try to snap at me unless I wake her up in the morning (usually to clean her crap), she's very well behaved.

I have loved having her so much (only about 8 months), am ready to get her a boyfriend!

She's 14 months old, and I've still got her in a click clack. It's a 52 litre one, so gives her heaps of space. She loves cruising up high on her branches. I had her in that since she was 6 months (when I got her). I will upgrade soon though.

If you set it up well to start off with your click clack can last a while!

I have both bredlis and jungles, but out of a diamond or bredli id say bredli :D

Attachments

• 1111 311.jpg
    1111 311.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 1111 284.jpg
    1111 284.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 39
Thanks Dave 94 that bredli photo is awsome is that a Hypo??

And Cheers love my dragons for the advice would you be able to show me some picks of your current bredli set up??

This is when I first set up her box. I have added an empty paper towel roll since then. She likes squishing her body in the rolls. She used to fit in a toilet roll but growing up now.

I use a heat cord under a third of the box. I don't use a thermostat (personal choice), but I have a low wattage cord, usually sits at 30-31 degrees, has never gone higher that 34 degrees (on stinking hot days). I have a cave at her cool end, and a tree stump type hide at her warm end. And I put her water bowl in between. Newspaper doesn't look that good, but is easy for cleaning.
And I just sit the thermometer on the floor at the hot end.

It doesn't get very hot down Melbourne so I put holes in the lid and a few holes on the two short sides of the box. I think this is heaps of ventilation. If you get a fair bit of condensation then you'll need more holes.

That was pretty easy to do, only took me one arvo.

Attachments

• Snakey house.jpg
    Snakey house.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 45
thanks lovemydragons. sorry to be a pain in the **** but what do u recon it cost all up :)

[QUOTE I think people are wrong in saying jungles are snappy though my 1st pythons was a jungle and she has never snapped or bitten...she's a darlin :)[/QUOTE]
Every snake is different,but jungles have the reputation of being bitey,most calm down,however some stay snappy.IMO with regurlar handling the majority should calm down.What most ppl say Bredlis would be a great choice as a first snake.And even when their older they look great.

bredli are bullet proof, theyre a great first snake! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back