The Spider thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1297.jpg

DSCF1300.jpg

DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

I dont know what it was ,but I was trying to be brave ...am totally Shhhhhhhhhht scared of spiders..but wanna really try to get over my fear of them ..so I started out with a little spider :)

RBB you should start off holding a Daddy Long Legs or small jumping spider(brown) and work up from there. My 5 year old daughter loves "Daddy" spiders and brings them to me on a daily basis. i dont let her touch anything else though.

Firstly I have never posted a pic so I'm sorry if I do this wrong... now fingers crossed here goes...
DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

This is a rainforest golden orb spider (I think) We get them here around the yard quite alot, this one made it's web over the bbq outside in the undercover area, we were on cyclone watch and it had been raining heavily for weeks so I never had the heart to make her move. She ended up staying for about 2 weeks before dissapearing.
DSCF0501.jpg

Wicked Selene, great shots.
Here's todays shots while gardening. once again found this wolfy like spider that i cannot identify and a wheel weaver that ran away from me then hid , very funny to watch

Attachments

• Unknown common1.jpg
    Unknown common1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Unknown 02.jpg
    Unknown 02.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Unknown 03.jpg
    Unknown 03.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Wheely running from me.jpg
    Wheely running from me.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Wheely hiding from me.jpg
    Wheely hiding from me.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 35
You people have serious issues!! Now wheres my boot!

Selene we get them here too ...they freak me out ....I am ok at handling daddys and jumping spiders...but the bigger they get ...the hairier they are ...it becomes a night mare

Just wanted to share these photos that I took recently

Attachments

• P3211759.jpg
    P3211759.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P3211760.jpg
    P3211760.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
very nice, do you like spiders? i love them to bits every time i see someone go to kill them i rush over and save it no matter what species!
p.s is it true daddy long leg spiders are highly venomous, but they cant penetrate the human skin? i would like to see one eat a cricket!

very nice, do you like spiders? i love them to bits every time i see someone go to kill them i rush over and save it no matter what species!
p.s is it true daddy long leg spiders are highly venomous, but they cant penetrate the human skin? i would like to see one eat a cricket!
We would have to ask Greg Byland. Most books state this fact about them but then some say it is myth so i dont know

Scanned some old pics of Lord Howe Island Golden Orb and Cave spiders In Tasmania(KIng Solomons Mine).

Attachments

• Lord Howe Orb.jpg
    Lord Howe Orb.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Cave spider Tasmania 1.jpg
    Cave spider Tasmania 1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Cave spider tasmania 2.jpg
    Cave spider tasmania 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 51
Here's my St Andrews Cross, and a wheel weaver vs a dragon fly

Attachments

• St Andrew's Cross 1a.jpg
    St Andrew's Cross 1a.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 39
  • St Andrew's Cross 2.jpg
    St Andrew's Cross 2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Wheely vs Dragonfly.jpg
    Wheely vs Dragonfly.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Wheely vs Dragonfly 2.jpg
    Wheely vs Dragonfly 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 44
I found another spider for you, this was taken camping up in The Misty Mountains I don't know what this spider is... I think a type of crab spider???
spider1.jpg

spider2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back