on-off thermostats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ogg666

Reaction score
Is it normal for an on-off thermostat (ministat 300)to have around 4-4.5 degree variance when switching on or off?
I only use pulse thermos and recently acquired a ministat 300 thermo which I was going to use in a click clack with a heatmat for a spotted python but the temps aren't as stable as I would get with a pulse thermo....
Temps recorded in hot section of click clack
On 29.4 off 34.5
cool side stays around the 24 -25
any input would be appreciated....

I think it is common to get that sort of variation, thats why I use dimmer micro's.

Yep its normal and an absolute pain! Dimmers or pulse proportional thermos are the way to go, ill never go back to on/offs again.

Yep, i'll go along with that, I find that on and offs blows more globes as well(if you are using globes)
Joel
Yep its normal and an absolute pain! Dimmers or pulse proportional thermos are the way to go, ill never go back to on/offs again.

Yes that's why they advice against using them with light bulbs as it puts too much stress on the filament, it can also damage the thermostat itself.

yeah happens in my exo terra its an absolute pain! for my saburra i got a B1 or B2 dimmer (i can't remeber what one) and its great!

i have the same problem with my ministat 300 ,,,thought it was faulty .. i see its just the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back