cooling pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WomaPythons

Reaction score
i herd from sumone but im not sure if they were being serious that u can cool a python in the fridge for like 3mins and its like coolin them normaly is that correct or just stupid thing 2 do

hey i got told by sumone they done it im not 2 sure thats y i askd

i think the packet my stimmie came in it said DO NOT REFRIDGERATE

Fridges are for food... unless you plan to eat your snake... do not refridgerate

how is it cooling them normally ? are there now fridges in the wild that the snake can crawl into?? :D:D
Ask the person that did it .. if they are taking any medicinal products.. not necessarily legal.

Last edited:
lol, good you asked but i think everybody on here or the majority will say NO .. i dont see the point in putting a snake in the fridge, somebody might mistake it for food and eat it,:lol: and how is it "normaly" cooling them , im sure in the wild they have refridgerators they can just go into:rolleyes::rolleyes:

na it was a breeder.....i ask alot of questons when i buy my snakes 2 see how people go bout there stuff and i askd him wat happens if u dont cool ur snakes wat can u do and thats wat he came out wid

im not 2 sure i thought it was a bit weird thats y i askd seems like every1 is havin ago bout it

What a quick way to cool them,now all the big breeders dont need to spend months at all cooling them all,Just chuck them in fridge for a few minutes,Considering its 3.15am Thats the funniest thing ive heard for days.Read the fine print,DONT NOT REFRIDGERATE...

Woma, my advice to you would be to speak with Grant (I think that's his name) from Scales and Tails on Prospect Road in the Adelaide area. He's successfully bred a lot of breeds for many years, what he has to say about this subject makes an awful lot of sense, when you think of how snakes would behave, and what their environment is like in the wild. Give him a call, I promise you, he's good,

how cum everyone thinks i have sed this myself i was told this by someone like i said i ask alot of questions when i talk 2 ppl bout snakes coz i wanna know wat every1 dose and like i sed i askd a fella wat happens if u dont cool them then decide u wanna breed them or sumthin and thats wat he said yous are makin me look like an idoit and makin it look like it was my idea

LMFAO!!!! U may have asked him one too many questions mate, common sense should tell you that he was joking...

LMFAO!!!! U may have asked him one too many questions mate, common sense should tell you that he was joking...

well i havnt bred like half the people on here i have only had pythons for 8-12 months so wat am i supose 2 know

WomaPythons, it's a good thing you asked as it shows that you're genuinely interested in ensuring you are taking the best possible care of your snakes. Read as many books on the subject as you can get your hands on, there are some great ones available through HerpShop which i believe everyone should read :)

And Cheyne - it's not exactly a straight forward hobby, what seems like common sense to some people or even only experienced keepers seems like idiocy to those that don't understand these animals. I still have friends telling me that they think i'm cruel for only feeding my animals once a week at best, sometimes not for half the year because they simply WONT eat over winter. You just can't tell some people.

Woma, please don't let some of the nasty comments in this thread put you off asking questions in the future, some people are just a little too haughty to come down from their perches and remember that they started out as newbies once too :p

Last edited:
WomaPythons, it's a good thing you asked as it shows that you're genuinely interested in ensuring you are taking the best possible care of your snakes. Read as many books on the subject as you can get your hands on, there are some great ones available through HerpShop which i believe everyone should read :)

And Cheyne - it's not exactly a straight forward hobby, what seems like common sense to some people or even only experienced keepers seems like idiocy to those that don't understand these animals. I still have friends telling me that they think i'm cruel for only feeding my animals once a week at best, sometimes not for half the year because they simply WONT eat over winter. You just can't tell some people.

Woma, please don't let some of the nasty comments in this thread put you off asking questions in the future, some people are just a little too haughty to come down from their perches and remember that they started out as newbies once too :p

thanks least there is sum1 out there understanding where i cum from........i want to breed in the future so i take note of every thing said and if i dont no wat that means ill ask the question

just remember, READ READ READ! 'keeping and breeding australian pythons' is possibly my favourite of the books out there. otherwise i use google scholar and google searches of this site to find old threads that may be relevant. hope that helps :)

yea i have been readin im hopin 2 get a female blond macci 2 breed this season if not next season ill be hittin those books hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back