Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one from Tanami parents.

BHWoma2.jpg
BHWoma1.jpg

any updated photos on the these little fellas Dave ??
did they keep the black

ever since i saw first bhp with orange coming though i thought hybrid

It has lost a tinge of black in its head area which is typical for woma's.
I will see if I can take a fresh pic as soon as it has shed.

damn!!!!!!!!! i was all excited about a whale looking snake:)

If the father of these hatchlings was indeed a hybrid between a BHP X Woma , and as these are distinct species, you would think it would be muled, and incapable of producing offspring.

So is the father just a weird colour mutation, or are Womas and BHP's just subspecies to each other.

G'day Bob

I'm no taxonomical expert, but I am fairly sure that the ability (or inability) to interbreed has no relevance with regards to the viability of a species. Take for example the Antaresia complex, Morelia spilota and Morelia viridis or even some of the cross-genus stuff such as Python regius and Aspidites ramsayi.

Considering they are the same sub-species,whats or whos to say theirs no Intergrades between these two.Theres not a huge difference between them,Womas have a orange coloured head,Blakheaded have black heads obviuosly.There was a speciemen caught in the past that did die before anything could be detemined.

It needs to be remembered that both species being closely related, also share ancestral traits, it may be that this line has simply re expressed a part of it ?.

BHP... my dream snake... this one (even if it's not really a whale) is stunning... love it... *sigh* *drool* lol

really? So I won't find one at the local aquarium then??? ...uummm yes I know it's a woma

But they won't have the pattern of some of them Ochre BHP's Jason...blow any Woma out of the water, regardless of what colour their chins are :)

jonno the Ochre BHP's line is not worth the money ppl pay for them IMO, i've seen more hotter looking normal BHP's .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back