Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocdoc, is that background custom made or was the enclosure built to fit them, i would love something like that for my RSP's. Awesome monitors too everyone, i'm still trying to convince my wife to let me get a lacie, she wants a perentie :)

and a couple more, i hope you all like the photos

Last edited:
Aww Reptilian look at the holes you have for your lizards. What a great idea :D you just gave me more ideas for my fella's tank without overcrowding it with stuff. But then again Serp just beat me on the buzzer and I have a feeling he thinks it can be not a good idea

Crocdoc, is that background custom made or was the enclosure built to fit them, i would love something like that for my RSP's. Awesome monitors too everyone, i'm still trying to convince my wife to let me get a lacie, she wants a perentie :)
I made it myself. Go the lacie!

Reptillian66, what do you do if you need to get hold of a sand monitor when it's down a tunnel?
Serpenttongue,

The 4 plastic tubes you see in my outdoor enclosure, are all built into a hide box and if l need to get hold of my Sand Monitor's, for when 1 of them goes down a tunnel l just wait for it to come through into the hide box or out into the open, where you see them sitting in the middle of the sand pit keeping warm together.

Cheers, Les,:)

Aww Reptilian look at the holes you have for your lizards. What a great idea :D you just gave me more ideas for my fella's tank without overcrowding it with stuff. But then again Serp just beat me on the buzzer and I have a feeling he thinks it can be not a good idea
Why does serp think its not a good idear to have plastic tubes, built into the enclosure that lead into a hide box, where your Reptile can go and hide and get some privacy.

All my Desert Sand Monitor's love these plastic tubes that look more like a artificial burrow, for them to go down into a hidebox to hide why they get some rest and privacy, which is no different than a burrow out in the wild where they live natually.

cheers, Les,:)

Wow great enclosures and reptilians :D.. i really like the idea of the plastic tubes :D
LauraM, yes they sure are well built enclosure l keep my Desert Sand Monitor's in, indoor and outdoor, they were both built by a close friend of mine, who is a Carpenter by Trade, and sure knows how to build things out of timber.

Here you can see my 2 enclosures l use to house my Desert Sand Monitor's in. hope you all enjoy looking at them, and it give you some idears on how to build a enclosure for your own pet Monitor Lizard's.

Cheers, Les, :p

Last edited:
Crocdoc, all those babies are SO cute!!! I think Borris is still pretty cute.
It makes you want to get another one!!
:shock::shock:

But I will resist, for now.

:D:D:D

Monitors

Great pics everyone! Benson I think your Laceys are doing it tuff & do they have GPS in their avairy! & Reptilian66 very impressive & well thought out enclosure for your sandy's especially with our climate down here. Some stunning animals everyone.Well done

awesome everyone love the lacies gotta get me self one of those....cheers dylan

Monitors are hands down the best herps... my two ackie bubs keep me cativated for hours!

I wish I had the guts/know how/facilities to keep the bigger monitors because I could get into them in a BIG way!

Beaut photos everyone, I only have ackie baby photos - nothing too exciting!

Why does serp think its not a good idear to have plastic tubes, built into the enclosure that lead into a hide box, where your Reptile can go and hide and get some privacy.

I dont think that, i think it's a top idea. I was just interested in how you would get them out.

I dont think that, i think it's a top idea. I was just interested in how you would get them out.
serpenttongue, as you can read here in the post from mysnakesau, Serp just beat me on the buzzer and l have a feeling he thinks its can not be a good idear, sorry if l may have mis-read what he was trying to say here.

reptillian what are the dimensions of the enclosure?
dragonboi, which enclosure are you wanting to know the demensions of, is it the one indoors or outdoor, please let me know so l can pm you with the dimensions of that enclosure, which l am more than happy to do for you or anyone else on APS.
Cheers, Les,:D

love the last picture reptilian :D. I wish i could keep monitors but of course if im having trouble convicing my mum to let me have a snake i doubt ever being allowed a monitor so long as im still at home.:cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back