Annoying...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchc

Reaction score
Been about a month and a half since i sent off my license and I'm starting to get a bit edgy as I am wanting my snake rather badly... Does anyone know why it might be taking sooooo long?

Thanks

Give them a call, they will let you know when it was sent or when i tshould be, and if you ask nicely they may even give you your licence number over the phone.

DECC is usually a bit slow this time of year cuz they are processing all the book returns.

You can call them and check up to make sure that they have recieved your application.

DECC is usually a bit slow this time of year cuz they are processing all the book returns.

You can call them and check up to make sure that they have recieved your application.
Spot on!! I had to wait a far while and I got mine in June, so they are generally slow anyway!!

Give them a call, they will let you know when it was sent or when i tshould be, and if you ask nicely they may even give you your licence number over the phone.

Thats exactly what i did, asked for my licence # and they were more then happy to give it to me. Thats your best bet mate.

thats a while....i got mine in 3 days.i got them to email me a copy then i printed it

haha thats so annoying!!! i had to wait for mine too, though not that long. but it felt like forever, cuz i had been out to this guys house, and had my first snake picked out before i'd even applied for my licence!!!
definitely give them a call and hopefully they can tell you something.

you need a licence for everything these days.....:p

Depending on what state you are in and what reptile you want to keep, will depend on what licences you will need.

I think thats pretty funny- you need a license to own local wildlife. I'm on the other side of the globe with an Australian snake and to the best of my knowledge I did not need any type of permits or anything.

Yeh I'm ROFLMAO:rolleyes:. We can own give away ferral cats but need to jump through hoops to own our natives--I mean wouldn't want feral wallabies now would we:rolleyes:.

Shouldn't complain to much, we don't need a permit over here in South Australia for one snake but we do need a permit if we want to get another one or to sell the single one we have:shock:. Also if you want a permit you just go to the office and get one.

I thought it was like that. We have people from Napal at work that say the same thing. Mind you there are people here who think they own a Children x Carpet.

Hope you get your permit (and snake) soon.....what ya getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back