Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnB

Reaction score
I feed 2 of my snakes earlier and had a thought. I defrost them in hot water thn feed them still pretty wet to the snakes.

Now i have NEVER seen any of my snakes drink. So how much do you think the wet rats contribute to there water intake?

Also when do you weight the rats (dead ones). Still frozen or defrosted?
I weight them defrosted. just wondering if there is much difference in weight.

Snakes don't drink very often. I only see mine drink occasionally, but the wet rats you feed does contribute quite a lot, to their water intake. If one was worried that their snake doesn't drink, feeding wet food always helps keep them hydrated.

I have never bothered to weigh their food, so can't really help there.

I've caught mine drinking only twice and he was very secretive about it. Its a very unusual thing to see, as you don't normally expect them to drink, its something you just don't really think about.

yea i always feed my snake wet and i have never seen him drink in the 2 years i have had him

im not worried about them drinking. they are very healhy looking and acting. was just thinking with my fingers:)

Ive never seen my stimmie drink so i dunk my mouse in my step dads favourite cup a few times before feeding :D:D

Out off my collection,theres two that i see drinking a fair bit,especially when it its warmer.My Water python that i recently got,i have seen drinking quiet a bit.I frequently see them drinking after dark when they start exploring around the enclosure...

wow i thought i was the only one who had never seen my snake drink..untill today!! i finally caught him dip his head into his water bowl lfit his head up (to swallow i presume??) and repeat about two more times!:D dont kno if this is what the usual drinking procedure is as it looked alot lik something a velociraptor out of jurassic park would do..:pi was so exstatic anyway!

Porschia

Heres a pic what i got of mine.:D

Attachments

• lexus 178.jpg
    lexus 178.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 43
i notice alot of the times when topping up water bowls, a few of mine will go straight over and have a long drink..
a few weeks ago i was putting one of my coastals away, and he was cruising around the herp room and found the turtle tank, he then went into the water and started drinking the turtles water for ages...lucky it is all fresh rain water, but never mind. didnt seem to bother him.

My Snakes seem to only eat them when there wet. Otherwise No response does it contribute ? or there just picky?

My BHP seems to be always drinking... Any time his nose touches the surface of water he pauses for a drink, and if he doubles back the way he came and touches the water again, he has another sip.

My BHP seems to be always drinking... Any time his nose touches the surface of water he pauses for a drink, and if he doubles back the way he came and touches the water again, he has another sip.
mine is the same.. i think it is just BHp are always on the prowl as soon as i change the water she is over sniffing round it and drinking out of it.. i thought it was because fresh water but she will do the same if i move it 2 inches.. just encase i left soem food behind i think. i have never seen my bredli drink they pay no attention to it and occasionally use it as a toilet.

I feed my bredli wet rats and I still see him once a month drinking, being nocturnal I reckon most peoples snakes do drink water its just a matter of catching them in the act!!! I also weigh my feeds before defrosting as its alot less messy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back