Sudden Death, please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they were in an outdoor pit, this is a long shot, but maybe she ate /a bug that was lethal...
in the bearded dragon care book it says something about firefly bugs? or something like that... so maybe she was just unlucky and ate something that poisoned her.

if they were in an outdoor pit, this is a long shot, but maybe she ate /a bug that was lethal...
in the bearded dragon care book it says something about firefly bugs? or something like that... so maybe she was just unlucky and ate something that poisoned her.

From what I can gather, those fireflies are a US thing - is that right?
But what about cane toads, being in Townsville??

From what I can gather, those fireflies are a US thing - is that right?
But what about cane toads, being in Townsville??

yea i think they are... but whatever the australian equivalent is to them is a possibilty i suppose...

hi all, took the other girl to the vet today, totaly clean bill of health, the vet and i went through every possiblitity, obviously a post is out of the question as i buried her, but my partner who buried her was smart enough to take some photos and take note of what she felt like, ie for impaction. the vet said you would def know if she was impacted as her belly would be quite hard, it wasn't it was as soft as normal. so like Chris1 said about hers, there was no reason, i am just waiting on a stool sample for the other one and then i am going to pull up every weed in their cage and take that in to the vet on her request, she seems to think the only thing it could be is posioing from either a bug or plant, she thinks that is the only thing that could kill as quickly as this did, with no signs or warnings. so now its just a waiting game, she had a nice big fruit and salad platter today so shouldn't be too long!
thanks again all for your help and words of kindness! it warms my heart to know others know what i mean about loving your animals, no matter if they are cute and cuddly ones like dogs or cats or our little reptiles!

I can sure wait for the day it happens to one of mine, hopefully from old age!, I dread the thought.
Can u let us know if there's anything re plant matter, as mine are also outside in what I consider to be a very 'natural' setting, so weeds pop up continually.
Glad to hear the other one's OK, what a relief - Kathy

yeah i will def let you know if it was a plant, as mine to has the occasional weed or two pop up,

ahahahahaha....a post on a bearded dragon!!..dont waste your money with that..thats the most funniest thing i have ever heard!!

....How bout keeping your idea's to yourself?? im sure they are not that appreciated..

Im very sorry for your loss i would be heart broken if any of my pets died :(. Hope the other one turns out fine ;)

I just had some of my juvenile dragons go from perfect health to looking like they were going to die in about 12 hours. It turned out to be a respiratory infection. They symptoms came on so fast, i think if i didnt take them to the vet as soon as i did i would have lost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back