Frog - What type?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorey007

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what type of frog this is? Found in Darwin in the Northern Territory.

Attachments

• P4210360.jpg
    P4210360.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 126
  • P4210366.jpg
    P4210366.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 131
  • P4210369.jpg
    P4210369.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 140
Wow awesome frog, looks like the ones i found in carnarvon.... i hope noone went to use the soap and realised they were holding a frog!!

Looks like the white chocolate frogs you get from the corner shop.Yum.

Litoria rothi like L. peroni do have a marked shift from Day to Night Colours.

Many rothi are almost white at night (especially when on a light background like a soap dish) and usually revert to more crptic mottled brown during the day. However some frogs will stay light and others mottled for most of the time regardless.

Cheers,
Scott

Litoria rothi like L. peroni do have a marked shift from Day to Night Colours.

Many rothi are almost white at night (especially when on a light background like a soap dish) and usually revert to more crptic mottled brown during the day. However some frogs will stay light and others mottled for most of the time regardless.

Cheers,
Scott

Oh right, I though it was the other way around, as all the L. peroni I see at night are dark and mottled and at day they're really pale, must be the surroundings.

Oh right, I though it was the other way around, as all the L. peroni I see at night are dark and mottled and at day they're really pale, must be the surroundings.

Dan, That's sounds more correct because this photo was take at the middle of the day when the frog was bathed in natural sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back