A few of my favourite recipes...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share a few of my favourite recipes, seeing as over the last 2 days I've made these! Rediscovered how easy they are to make, though majority percieve them to be difficult. :D

Do not try these with out adult supervision if you are a younger member as

*I DO NOT take any responsibility if by any chance someone burns themself*

First up is an easy toffee recipe I've been using for 3-4 years now. It's simple and you can add many things to it!

1 cup Caster Sugar (best stuff to use, it dissolves better)
10-20g of butter depending on how creamy you want it
2 tbsp Vinegar (I recommend white vinegar, you can see the colour change easier)
2 tbsp of boiling water

Stir sugar, butter, vinegar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to the boil without stirring.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, or if you drop a small amount in a cold glass of water, it hardens immediately, you will also start to see the mixture go a caramel colour, remove it immediately or you have a pot full of burt toffee, which is a pain to clean!!
Pour into a baking paper lined tray and pop in the fridge until hard. Then break up

I add many things, before i pour it into the pan, I add nuts, or sprinkles, etc and pour the toffee mix over it.
One of my favourites is adding a tablespoon of peanut butter just after I take it off the hot plate, peanut brittle without the hunky peanuts! Or use crunchy pb and get smaller peanut bits :p
For chewy toffee, cook for less amount of time. :)

*PLEASE be careful, this mixture gets over 300 degrees when cooked, and not speaking from experience, but I think it may hurt!*

My other favourite is Brown Sugar Meringues - I call them Caramel Meringues because they have a caramel taste to them.

You'll need

2 egg whites
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 a teaspoon of white vinegar

Preheat oven to 120 degrees
Seperate eggs, leaving out the yolks.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form
Add half the brown sugar, beat until it's dissolved, then add the last half and beat until it is all dissolved too
Fold in the vinegar
On 1-2 baking paper lined trays, dollop the mixture onto it leaving room for them to spread, I like mine larger as they have a chewy inside, smaller and they are crunchy
Pop them in the oven for up to 1 hour and a half. When done (they will be dry), leave the door ajar. When the oven is cool, take out the meringues.

These are great with cream!

Enjoy!

Would also love it if you'd add some of yours! Always looking for new stuff to try

oooh the meringues sound yummy!
will have to try and make them when i have the time :)

I engish muffin (toasted)
2 bananas Peeled and sliced lengthways
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
120gm Butter
60ml Rum
1/2 teaspoon of crushed chilli
Dash of Cream
ICecream to serve

Melt Brown Sugar in a hot pan. add butter and chilli. continue to cook and stir until butter is incorporated into sugar. Add rum and flambe. Add a small dash of cream to make the sauce a little lighter in colour.
Add bananas and cook until slightly soft.
Place on toasted muffins and finish with a scoop of good quality Vanilla Icecream and a couple of torn mint leaves....

Miley! why did you have to tell me how to make toffee...all my teeth are going to fall out now!

1 x box of Nutrigrain or cereal of your choice
1 x litre of Hi-Low Milk

Combine ingredients and you have breakfast, lunch and tea :p :)

Thanks for the recipes - the peanut butter toffee sounds great! NB if you add half a teaspoon of sifted bi-carb soda to the toffee and pour it on to a piece of oiled baking paper you have honeycomb!

From experience, I can tell you, sugar burns are the worst kind of cooking burns there are - even worse than hot fat! I burnt the palm of my hand when making creme brulee in a busy kitchen and actually went into shock - cold and shaking for a while afterwards. Had to back to work about an hour later though!!!

1 x box of Nutrigrain or cereal of your choice
1 x litre of Hi-Low Milk

Combine ingredients and you have breakfast, lunch and tea :p :)

haha!!! woahhhh man good recipe!! ima go try that.. ;)

good recipes Miley :D... if we have any sugar i might go make some... sounds tasty!

OMFG.. Burnt Myself.. Last time i try your recipes :) :p Now Now. I think i shouldnt have sat on the hot stove ? whatcha think?

People, whatever you do, don't stir the toffee to fast, or is might splash all over you; it did that with me about a year ago, I have a huge scar on my left thigh! And another smaller one on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back