Photo's different colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I took these pics of my bredli's today. Changed no settings on my camera, but did change position on the ground to get pics at different angles. Look at the colour difference between these two pics yet I barely moved. I probably did a bit, you can see the markings aren't the same but still, slightest move can make a big difference to how a photo turns out.

027-1.jpg
031.jpg

its almost a yellow tinge, isnt it?
i find my camera is very quick to pick up the warmer colors. amazing difference in your shots considering you were outside tho!

Funny you mention "warmer colours". I do have a setting on my camera where I can change the colour. I have sepia, B&W, cool and warm. But I had them turned off but the pic of the right gives that "warm" look.

Automatic whitebalance control in cameras is not always accurate, thus the colour change. Sometimes you need to set it manually (how depends on your camera, if you can do it at all). Using on-camera flash can also help as generally a camera will know the temperature of the light output by its own flash.

its because of the camera auto white balance. you must have focused on a different part of the snake and he camera has found a difference so has adjusted itself "accordingly" not always correct so if u set ur white balance to daylight outside u should get a more standard colour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back