Flat pack 3 foot enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My husband came up with this wonderful idea for us who aren't so bright with too many tools - a fully assembled, very strong enclosure with just two screws (apart from the ones in the hinges) and folds down flat for easy travelling. The one in the video has no screws but afterwards decided putting the two back in the holes helps to not lose them. Air vents are routed to $ave buying them and glass tracks are also routed into timber.

Here's a couple of pics and a video showing how to put it together.

[video=vimeo;3317214]http://www.vimeo.com/3317214[/video]

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 024 (3).jpg
    024 (3).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
cool, works well, i like.
would you mind if we tried to make something similar at home?

Will

You could be on a winner. I think I could even put something like that together :) I would like to see a couple of screws hold the top on - just for a bit more structual integrity.

Not interested in making any money. So you wanna copy it, go for it. Just made a few for personal use. I think Tim said he put it all together for less than $100, although that would depend on the glass. We had bits laying around, didn't have to buy any. And routering the glass track and air vents saves that little bit more. bought the melamine in big sheets from Bunnings, used piano hinges. And the screws you take out to unpack it can go back into it for that strength. I can promise you they are strong and sturdy. They aren't wriggly or wobbly at all.

If you're interested perhaps Dickyknee can put something together, enclosures is his profession.

if you don't mind, i might use that idea, but i wont claim it as my own. thanks for posting it, thats deffinetly going in favouites

Will

Funny thing is. I drew up a design on something like this but it had a stand for underneath aswell there very similar will scan the pix and post them in a sec.

Oh and +1 to SWADDOOO :)

They look great, my other half also came up with a really similar enclosure a little while ago but I think he will get a few tips from your hubbies design so cheers for being so willing to share guys:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back