Interest in a Herp "twitchathon" ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now all we need is to be able to rent paintball gear in bulk and the weekend would be a blast!

Good stuff Pete, sounds like enough interest to put one on, just have to pick a weekend in summer, and start sorting out the rules and lists, and push it through the societies and websites... So all you guys have to do is organise a team and maybe a driver...

Might have to organise another BBQ at mine to organise a committee and talk about the rules eh Rams?

Sounds good Jase...................................Been thinking though not too sure about paintball..................live rounds instead? :lol:

Hmm we should do the same down in Vic.
I'll keep and eye on when, hopefully I can head out the same weekend in Vic and show you guys how much better the mallee is :lol:

Last edited:
I'm a hunter all grain brewer. :D

Sounds like a good weekend, just need to get a team sorted

So what sort of beer do you prefer Nephrurus? Jason? ;)

Is the sydney herping scene that devoid of proper herpers?

-H

I think it would be better to start it off simple, I thought of exluding frogs all together and just keeping it reptile related, Just trying to keep it simple to get the numbers up, then when or if it expands, then we can think about IDing frogs off their calls, but for now, I think it best be left as visual IDs, that will be difficult enough for some teams.

Hmm we should do the same down in Vic.
I'll keep and eye on when, hopefully I can head out the same weekend in Vic and show you guys how much better the mallee is :lol:

Your got Buckleys... the further north the better it gets, and your way down the bottom, and it's not called the bottom for nothing.

"Can we exclude small skinks as well because they can be fiddly to ID? :D:D:D:D:D:D I've honestly never got a handle on them."

Come on henry they aren't that hard...

THEY ARE.... we're going to have Eulamprus sp. instead of trying to pick between the invisible differences between heatwolei, tympanum and quoyii.

Come on, every Sydney herper should know all the local frogs by call. If you don't , you simply need to get out in the bush more................. I tend to agree that it should be on sight though, otherwise it would make it pretty easy to pick up 5-6 species by winding the window at dams and streams ;)

Henry, I fear should I take part in this, our paths could cross on several occasions. How many spare tyres do you have?? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back